Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Sep 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
I think emergency services will be ok, our local Sainsbury’s is closed as it’s being used for emergency service vehicles.
Just watching an ambulance driver on BBC news saying they had problems filling up today, and they aren’t always given priority.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Next thing to be careful of is fuel thieves.
Can remember it being a regular occurrence in the 80s/90s.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Next thing to be careful of is fuel thieves.
Can remember it being a regular occurrence in the 80s/90s.
Already seen reports locally of people noticing their fuel caps have been tinkered with overnight.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Wouldn't surprise me if we find our fuel bowsers broken in to at work this week or may already have done. Will find out when i get to work.
There was no fuel at all in my town and surrounding village pumps yesterday afternoon .
My brother in law drives a cement mixer and they use Morrisons in town. Said he got 1 1/2 days of fuel out of a tank. So unless he gets fuel by tommorow lunchtime, that his jobs on hold and the builders he supplying.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Going to be interesting this week, i have wnough fuel to get me to work, but nothing else. The buses from our p&r to work are already only running every third bus due to driver shortage. Luckily i can wfh if desperate, but lots of others cannot do this. I wonder what deliveries will be this week and how/if it will be rationed out.
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I’m so worried about this. I’m a driving instructor and need it for work. It’s ridiculous. I got 8 cars away from the front yesterday before they ran out. Nothing near me and I’m surrounded by petrol stations being close to Gatwick,M23 and M25.

I wasn’t allowed to work during lockdown and now this. I’m having to cancel lessons today for some, not as far on in lessons as others, to make sure I have enough fuel for someone doing their test tomorrow who had it cancelled 4 times over the last 18 months. Hoping the examiners can get there!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

I had 32 miles of range left and I'm driving to Manchester & back to Essex on Wednesday so needed a full tank of diesel.
Found some in Asda Shoeburyness with about a 25min Queue.
Older lady in front of me with her tiny KA fills up with £6.29 of Unleaded and says " oh it didn't need much to top up"
Winds me up so much.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I’m so worried about this. I’m a driving instructor and need it for work. It’s ridiculous. I got 8 cars away from the front yesterday before they ran out. Nothing near me and I’m surrounded by petrol stations being close to Gatwick,M23 and M25.

I wasn’t allowed to work during lockdown and now this. I’m having to cancel lessons today for some, not as far on in lessons as others, to make sure I have enough fuel for someone doing their test tomorrow who had it cancelled 4 times over the last 18 months. Hoping the examiners can get there!
I’m so sorry you’ve struggled to get petrol. We live in the same area, and it seems the Shell garage at Buckland seems to be fairly well stocked and not massive queues. Not sure if you’ve tried it already, but I managed to get fuel there on Friday night and my dad filled up on late Saturday afternoon. We both only waited less than 10 mins too.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
I’m so sorry you’ve struggled to get petrol. We live in the same area, and it seems the Shell garage at Buckland seems to be fairly well stocked and not massive queues. Not sure if you’ve tried it already, but I managed to get fuel there on Friday night and my dad filled up on late Saturday afternoon. We both only waited less than 10 mins too.
Thank you. I did have success there on Friday. I’ll try that way and Dorking today
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hopefully those who topped up at weekend unnecessarily will let others have their chance this week rather than topping up with another £11.42 that they don’t really need.

Could be interesting at work . Work for a multi franchise car dealers . Expecting rafts of new cars from the docks this week . Will they be able get here ? ( transporter fuel : drivers ) . Will the petrol station opposite have fuel to enable us to put a bit in for customers. Will customers be able to get to us ? Will they need a full tank in it to get home ?

On a personal level I drive from Bury to Rotherham and back on Saturday and didn’t see any gridlocks anywhere - and I went the scenic route
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List