Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by corrinda View Post
I just seen someone on Facebook put on Astra Zeneca jab not recognised for usa so travel denied got into a heated debate for I said nothing been released yet as I’m waiting to hear as I had Oxford Astra Zeneca so I can’t book anything yet so unfair
We are currently in Florida. Travelled through Barbados and arrived here on 21st Sept.
I have had both my Astra Zeneca jabs and there was no problem at immigration. Ignore Facebook. 😎

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Deandoc
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
We are currently in Florida. Travelled through Barbados and arrived here on 21st Sept.
I have had both my Astra Zeneca jabs and there was no problem at immigration. Ignore Facebook. 😎
Although I believe the AZ vaccine will be fine. Is the reason you could go through not because they don't require vaccinations as of now.
Deandoc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

For those that have recently travelled in and out and been required to test, can I ask if Airlines are accepting rapid LFT tests, and if so, have you had to use 'supervised' ones

Again I'm seeing conflicting messages, CDC says they must be supervised in person or via video call, but other people have said they've used at home ones and sent in then got fit to fly certificates and it's been okay?

Difference in price is quite significant chronomics still £18.00 for at home LFT test but other video supervised ones are £32+
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by ghostmark2005 View Post
For those that have recently travelled in and out and been required to test, can I ask if Airlines are accepting rapid LFT tests, and if so, have you had to use 'supervised' ones

Again I'm seeing conflicting messages, CDC says they must be supervised in person or via video call, but other people have said they've used at home ones and sent in then got fit to fly certificates and it's been okay?

Difference in price is quite significant chronomics still £18.00 for at home LFT test but other video supervised ones are £32+
I have just been looking for the answer to this. If LFT is possible, that would be great. If not, I’m going to try for a saliva one if possible, I know some countries don’t accept them, but that’d be my next best option
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Deandoc
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
I have just been looking for the answer to this. If LFT is possible, that would be great. If not, I’m going to try for a saliva one if possible, I know some countries don’t accept them, but that’d be my next best option
Home supervised rapid antigen test is fine, it says so on the CDC website
Deandoc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Deandoc View Post
Thank you.
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep exactly that, rapid antigen LFT is absolutely fine, I've just seen some people have been okay with the 'unsupervised' ones like Chronomics which are only £18.00

I'm not sure I want to take the risk of getting the wrong one which isn't compliant with CDC and just pay the £195 for the 5 of us
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Deandoc
Trying for More Ears

Yep exactly that, rapid antigen LFT is absolutely fine, I've just seen some people have been okay with the 'unsupervised' ones like Chronomics which are only £18.00

I'm not sure I want to take the risk of getting the wrong one which isn't compliant with CDC and just pay the £195 for the 5 of us
here is the link

cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

where it says this "The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription."

Airlines should communicate what is needed when they have it confirmed.
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4

To enter the US from Barbados we needed to have a LFT administered by a doctor/ clinician ($75 US) We also needed proof of double vaccination, which clearly showed that I had Az and hubby had Pfizer. We used VeriFly. American Airlines staff thoroughly checked our documentation pre boarding and checked that we had been out of UK for more than 14 nights.

TSA / immigration at Miami merely glanced at the screen when we presented our passports & had photos taken ( as per usual) asked how long we were staying then waved us through.

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Although I believe the AZ vaccine will be fine. Is the reason you could go through not because they don't require vaccinations as of now.
You have to remember that although the UK and EU countries haven't been allowed to enter the USA , other countries have been entering throughout the pandemic. They have always required proof of vaccination for people entering their country. We had to show proof of our vaccination, Astra Zeneca, and also proof of a negative covid test.
Both were accepted.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List