Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 28 Sep 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Toronto/new york

Thinking of doing this split, not sure of what to do in toronto? Maybe 3 days there of do i need more. Have DD who will be 13. Obviously visit Niagra falls then what? Ideas welcome please?

I dont really want a night flight back and can get a day flihht back from NYC, DD loves museum here and we can fill a few odd days with stuff we missed last time!
Old 28 Sep 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Thinking of doing this split, not sure of what to do in toronto? Maybe 3 days there of do i need more. Have DD who will be 13. Obviously visit Niagra falls then what? Ideas welcome please?

I dont really want a night flight back and can get a day flihht back from NYC, DD loves museum here and we can fill a few odd days with stuff we missed last time!
My pretrip for Toronto is in my signature. This covers getting from airport, hotels, getting to Niagara, getting to Buffalo etc. This may be of help.

As for Toronto itself, I will be guided by my son who was there with his School 2 years ago. All I know right now is that a general walkaround is good, that watching Toronto play ice hockey is extortionate and that Dan knows where to get a great breakfast.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
My pretrip for Toronto is in my signature. This covers getting from airport, hotels, getting to Niagara, getting to Buffalo etc. This may be of help.

As for Toronto itself, I will be guided by my son who was there with his School 2 years ago. All I know right now is that a general walkaround is good, that watching Toronto play ice hockey is extortionate and that Dan knows where to get a great breakfast.
I will get reading! DD loves a good breakfast and despite being 12 can match adults! Lol!
Old 28 Sep 21, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Try and get to see a baseball or ice hockey game. My absolute highlight of our trip to Toronto was seeing the Toronto Marlies play, my first ever ice hockey game and I loved every minute. From what I can remember the tickets were relatively cheap as they play in the AHL. We also saw the Blue Jays play, found baseball confusing despite the bloke sitting near me trying to explain the rules.

I also enjoyed Casa Loma, they call it a castle but it’s more like a stately home and also the CN Tower. The distillery district is lovely for a wander as well.

We spent 5 days there but we could have done everything easily in 4 days. We spent one day at Niagara Falls, one day was spent watching the baseball and ice hockey then a couple of days to do everything in Toronto.
Old 28 Sep 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wayne77
slightly serious Dibber

So Frogboy….where do we get this good breakfast?😋
wayne77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wayne77 View Post
So Frogboy….where do we get this good breakfast?😋
My son recommends ‘Frans’, which is downtown. Let us hope that he doesn’t let us.. or possibly you, down.

As can be seen, Dan is a big believer in quantity!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Been looking at a rough plan

LHR hotel

Flight to Toronto flight approx. 13.30 arriving approx. 4pm local time – Immigration/customs etc – Need ETA

3 nights at Airport hotel will ot be ok for a base to see city?- toronto tour- are there any places to see bears safely? ! ?

2 nights at Niagra Falls -

Flight Toronto to New York – leaving about 13.30 arriving in New York approx 3pm local time

? Any difficulties travelling between canada and USA? - ? Immigration in New York?

5 nights New York Midtown Hilton- shopping. ESB, DD wants to visit museum again and central park, maybe Brooklyn bridge or some kind of walking tour, we last visited in winter, so will be good to see in summer.

Flight New York to LHR – Day flight back to UK - leaving approx. 8am – arriving in UK approx. 8pm local time

Hotel at LHR overnight before travelling home.
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Been looking at a rough plan

LHR hotel

Flight to Toronto flight approx. 13.30 arriving approx. 4pm local time – Immigration/customs etc – Need ETA

3 nights at Airport hotel will ot be ok for a base to see city?- toronto tour- are there any places to see bears safely? ! ?

2 nights at Niagra Falls -

Flight Toronto to New York – leaving about 13.30 arriving in New York approx 3pm local time

? Any difficulties travelling between canada and USA? - ? Immigration in New York?

5 nights New York Midtown Hilton- shopping. ESB, DD wants to visit museum again and central park, maybe Brooklyn bridge or some kind of walking tour, we last visited in winter, so will be good to see in summer.

Flight New York to LHR – Day flight back to UK - leaving approx. 8am – arriving in UK approx. 8pm local time

Hotel at LHR overnight before travelling home.
I have researched the Toronto bit to death, pending our forthcoming Easter vacation (see pretrip in my signature). The Hotel selected in Niagara May have particular appeal. That will answer some questions on Toronto, Pearson Int, shuttles to downtown and Megabus to Niagara. Personally, after a single night at Pearson, we elected to move into Town.

Niagara? Having researched, we settled on a day and a night before flying out of Buffalo (via JFK) to Orlando. It is a fair old way round the lake. At present, foot border crossings are not permitted, but I would expect this to change by Easter and if not, then our AA internal can always be moved to Pearson. The ‘Maid of the Mist’ is not yet sailing at Easter, but we feel that we have left more than enough time for what is on offer.

New York? I would struggle with 5 days as the town has not endeared itself to self or wife. (Remember we are country bumpkins and to us, the Metropolis is Truro (population 25k and far to big). Whilst 2 nights would be fine, I would consider an AMTRAC to either Boston (see trippie in signature for detail of both Boston and NY plus AMTRAC) or Washington DC. Either AMTRAC is around 4 hours each way and if you haven’t yet visited, you may fall in love with either. Of course, you could also fly home from either, with Boston (Logan Int) right next to downtown and Washington (Dulles) around a $80 taxi from Crystal City and with the fabulous (and free) Hazy Centre on the edge of the field, (with Stowage for suitcases). If your Husband likes Museums, the D.C. is Museum Central.

Just a few thoughts before you commence planning and purchase in detail. I personally rely greatly on the trip reports and experiences of other DIBBER’s

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Thanks- really appeciate your time- i love researching new things! I can book an orlando holiday in an hour with everything we need so all this is a challenge. I try to look at stuff for DH to do too! In Orlando he goes to a military vehicle rally (its on in feb so we always go then). He has done the ship in NY, so may look at another place! We are looking at maybe June next year before our last orlando jaunt in feb 2023. I will search out some trip reports and get reading, any you can recommend?
Old 4 Oct 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Thanks- really appeciate your time- i love researching new things! I can book an orlando holiday in an hour with everything we need so all this is a challenge. I try to look at stuff for DH to do too! In Orlando he goes to a military vehicle rally (its on in feb so we always go then). He has done the ship in NY, so may look at another place! We are looking at maybe June next year before our last orlando jaunt in feb 2023. I will search out some trip reports and get reading, any you can recommend?
Like you, I no longer find Orlando a challenge when booking.

Just for your Husband….

Boston has..
USS Constitution.
USS Cassin young, right alongside Constitution.
The Freedom trail, Boston massacre etc etc.
These are all a walk from downtown.

Battleship cove is a fair distance from Boston, but has USS Massachusetts.

Washington has.
Wright flyer, Glamourous Glennis, Spirit of St Louis, Apollo 11 Re entry vehicle, X15, Amelia Earharts ‘Bessie’ etc etc in airspace.
The original Star Spangled Banner.
All the monuments.
White House, Capitol etc.
Pentagon.
Lincoln’s Carriage.
Arlington Cemetery.

The Hazy Centre at Dulles has..
Enola Gay, Shuttle, SR71 Blackbird and over 100 other aircraft.

As you may have guessed, Military History is my thing.Time for some research !

Edited at 08:17 PM.