Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I think perhaps our lovely work around thread has become obsolete now the borders are opening. In case anyone is still reading I thought I'd pop on just to say we're home. Arrived into total chaos at Heathrow today. Apparently a nationwide outrage (I was deffo outraged! &#129315 The queues up and down corridors, doubling back on themselves, made the standby queue for Flight of Passage on opening day look like a village fete. They were handing out bottles of water, crisps and cookies, all I wanted was the loo!

Anyway just wanted to say our trip was perfect, just so wonderful, we got to see one granddaughter set off for her first Homecoming, talk about Cinderella off to the ball, and also take her first driving lesson. We celebrated her sister's 12th birthday and got to watch our grandson's team win their soccer match. Throw in a trip to Disneyland, days at the beach, numerous BBQs, it was heaven.

Thank you again everyone for all the support, tips, trip reports and just "niceness" that made this thread so special. I'm so happy that we don't need to work around any more
Sue x 😊
Welcome home (?) Sue, so glad you got there & had an amazing time with your family ❤️
Totally agree with you & everyone else, this thread has been a godsend, so helpful & supportive.
Take care DIBBers and safe travels
Liz x
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Arrived into Miami on Thursday from BGI and flew up to MCO on Friday - the workaround worked perfectly.

Happy to answer any questions about flights/transfers/tests/airport experiences etc.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

What is BGI?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
What is BGI?
BGI =is Bridgetown Grantly Adams airport in Barbados
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I think perhaps our lovely work around thread has become obsolete now the borders are opening. In case anyone is still reading I thought I'd pop on just to say we're home. Arrived into total chaos at Heathrow today. Apparently a nationwide outrage (I was deffo outraged! &#129315 The queues up and down corridors, doubling back on themselves, made the standby queue for Flight of Passage on opening day look like a village fete. They were handing out bottles of water, crisps and cookies, all I wanted was the loo!

Anyway just wanted to say our trip was perfect, just so wonderful, we got to see one granddaughter set off for her first Homecoming, talk about Cinderella off to the ball, and also take her first driving lesson. We celebrated her sister's 12th birthday and got to watch our grandson's team win their soccer match. Throw in a trip to Disneyland, days at the beach, numerous BBQs, it was heaven.

Thank you again everyone for all the support, tips, trip reports and just "niceness" that made this thread so special. I'm so happy that we don't need to work around any more
Sue x 😊
Aw Sue I just caught up with your thread
Glad you are home safely and got to see all the grandchildren’s milestones.
We haven’t had so much luck with planning ours , which I won’t drag the thread down with , but we aren’t going anywhere for now .
Are you going back out in December?
And to Mrs G I have everything crossed for you to see your grandchildren as soon as possible xx
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We haven’t had so much luck with planning ours , which I won’t drag the thread down with , but we aren’t going anywhere for now .
And to Mrs G I have everything crossed for you to see your grandchildren as soon as possible xx
Thank you snowbelle, all being well out in time for Thanksgiving xxx
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
SB I'm so sorry your plans have been shelved. Perhaps when we get an actual date for the reopening you can sort something out, fingers crossed for you.

Yes the plan is to go back for Christmas! It's because every time our flights were cancelled we booked more, taking advantage of BAs "Book with Confidence" offer. So when we embarked on our Barbados adventure we still had back up flights for December and April. We're going to move April to later next year, but the Christmas flights seemed too good pass up. My beloved DH was heard to say "wasn't this a back up flight? I thought we were cancelling the back up flights? `... I told him he must have misunderstood! 😁
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
Thank you snowbelle, all being well out in time for Thanksgiving xxx
Liz I'm so excited for you, what a Thanksgiving this will be for you and the family, please post some pics.
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Liz I'm so excited for you, what a Thanksgiving this will be for you and the family, please post some pics.
Sue x
There’ll be plenty pics Sue! 🤣. Hopes of reuniting at the airport scuppered as flight changes now mean we get in too late for the munchkins to be there, but what’s a few more hours after all this time?! xx
Old 5 Oct 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
There’ll be plenty pics Sue! 🤣. Hopes of reuniting at the airport scuppered as flight changes now mean we get in too late for the munchkins to be there, but what’s a few more hours after all this time?! xx
The airport would have been fun but you know those first hugs, wherever they take place, are going to be beyond wonderful. Honestly I'm so excited for you, I can't wait for that first picture 💖
Sue x