Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Oct 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
hi_its_kirst
First POST

Villa advice needed

Hi all,
I’m new here and wondered if I could have some advice from the experts please!
What is a reasonable price to pay for an Orlando villa for 2 weeks in April for 6 adults and 4 under 18s?
We’re hoping to go at Easter 2023 and from a quick search around £2300-£2700 is coming up. I don’t have a reference point to compare prices against and wondered if that sounded about right.
Also I’ve heard that alligators are a problem and so it’s best to go for a villa with an enclosed pool. Do you have any other tips like this please? I would have never thought about that!

Thanks in advance,

Kirst
hi_its_kirst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

That price is what I’d say is normal for what you will need minimum 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
You have to take in to account costs have shot up for villa owners particularly cleaning fees ( yes even Florida has issues with job vacancy ) the cleaners can charge what they like and villa owners know a great cleaning crew is worth more than anything
It’s peak. Spring break / uk Easter Holidays
Alligators the Florida mantra is any open water ( not sea ) alligator may lurk
They are more frightened of you to be honest
If it be an issue for you don’t book a villa with a water or conservation view
But wild life and critters are just Florida
We can go out just before the the sun comes up onto,the pooldeck and see our local Florida panther strolling back home via our dry retention area as is his right
Oh and don’t get me started on the nightly bin wars with the raccoons when we arrive and previous guests couldn’t be bothered to put the trash cans out so the garbage is an absolute free buffet for wild life
Honestly you would be very very lucky to see any wildlife from a villa pool deck unless you want/to spend all day every day just watching
We have an enclosed screened pool deck as My huasband and sons are total wimps about wasps or any flying bug and a icouldnt be doing/with them faffing about trying to kill what ever
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

The upper costs you mention seems a little high to me but to be honest over the Easter holidays and for a 5 bed villa it is not that far adrift. If your search is bringing in roughly the same price from different villas then that is the average price.
The vast majority of villas are enclosed for a variety of reasons. The gator thing is nothing to particularly worry about. If you see any, which is doubtful, they will be small and part of the great wildlife to watch.
In booking a villa maybe think about whether the community is gated or not; how far from Disney and the shops and bars; position of the pool and whether overlooked much.
Just things to consider but loads of great villas out there.
Good luck and enjoy !

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
I agree with Gryff that those prices quoted are about right for the villa your party will require as a minimum. There are a lot of factors that are taken into consideration when it comes to pricing as some owners offer different amenities and behind the scenes there are other things that are taken into factor like HOA costs, if the community has clubhouse, gated etc as these all mean the outgoings could be higher as well. We now have higher cleaning fees and the costs of utilities rising as already mentioned. This is why you will see some variations on homes of similar size but the prices you mention is what I would expect to pay.

With regards to Alligators they say where there is water there will be a gator and we have saw our fair share of them however, just not in our pool as it is enclosed but also the screen helps keep out bugs and pests that are more of a nuisance.

Have fun choosing your home for your holiday.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List