Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jun 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I like it - think it looks clean and modern. Only thing is to me the redesign makes it not look like a "deluxe" anymore. It looks great don't get me wrong - but looks and feels more like a moderate to me now.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I think I preferred the old styling, but I can see why they have gone with Incredibles and it works with the age and style of the building, I do love the mid-century feel of the Incredibles animations. I think it will grow on me.

I've only eaten at the Contemporary, but it's definitely on my bucket list to stay at, I think it's so glamorous, I love the optimism of the bold modernist design - it must have felt so futuristic when it was built.

Disney deluxe is less about styling and more about having a balcony and close access to the parks surely.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think the Incredibles theming is an odd choice and I don’t really get - unlike with the Moana themed rooms at the Poly which makes sense to me. I like the shape of the windows not sure if that is new or not, but otherwise I preferred it how it was or think they should have stuck to subtle Mickey theming.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We werent massive fans of it when we stayed there, albeit the upgrade to a tower room was pretty nice as the view was amazing! I did actually love the decor in the rooms when we stayed (2018) and the rooms we're huge! The decor now is too modern for me!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Had a further thought that these rooms do not work at all for convention guests. Limited storage as already mentioned and no desk space would rule them right out, and the theme is highly unlikely to appeal to business travellers. Unless Disney are planning to close the CR convention space, they would need to have a different room category for those guests. So maybe this will be a separate 5th sleeper room category and the standard will be more practical?

The Incredibles theme would be very easy to remove as well since it's mostly limited to soft furnishings and decals. I honestly don't see it lasting that long in a deluxe. I still want my monorail theme but Mary Blair would have been another more fitting choice.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

I like it but agrees it doesn't look deluxe. To be quite honest at first glance it reminded me of the refurbed rooms at pop and ASM.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you want to watch Tom sigh for half an hour, here's the new rooms...

loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Can’t believe they missed a tag on the chair 🤣
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

It's not always easy to tell from a video, but watching Tom's, I tend to agree with him. <sigh>

It looks more Disney value than deluxe; the entrance and the sofa make the room look very tight and claustrophobic and the floor looks a bit like cheaper lino. Even the door to the adjoining room seems to impose more into the room, somehow.

They haven't quite pulled off the Parr home, which is a shame because that's fab! Also, it looks less practical for a family, with less storage and much less surface space. I love the Contemporary so I'm a disappointed. The bathroom does look much better, though, and I like the toilet art!

Of course, it might all look different 'in real life'. If they want to invite me to check it out in person, I'm game!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I've watched a couple of videos and my initial impression is that I really don't like it.
It appears really cramped compared to the old CR room. I'm really disappointed that the desk and chair have gone. This was great for putting make up on etc.

I feel that it just doesn't look deluxe and I certainly wouldn't pay rack rate for this room. The CR is one of my favourite hotels so I'm really disappointed with this.

I did however like the new style bathroom although I was one who didn't actually mind the old style sinks!
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List