Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Oct 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Question accomodation change day microplanning help

I know I'm being a crazy micro planner but I'm trying to lay out a plan so I can book park days etc.

1st change. I think I am happy with my plan here.
We are onsite at WDW Port Orleans Riverside for 7 nights then move to Grande Villas in LBV for 8 nights.
First thing kids in resort pool while I finish packing. All ready, check out on time, leave baggage with reception. Boat to Springs for lunch and a wander then back to POR to collect luggage.
Lyft/Uber to Grande Villas close to check in time (I think its 4pm)
Drop bags in our room and head right back out to our chosen wdw park till close.

2nd change is killing me.
We need to check out of Grande Villas and check into Cabana Bay Resort at Universal for 6 nights.
Ideally Id like to do a wdw park that day but it just seems so messy and complicated.
I know I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be, I just cannot stop mulling it over.
I had decided to just check out of Grande Villas, Lyft to CB earlier than check in time, dump bags there and Lyft to the Mall while we wait for our room. once back we can get our room before hitting a Universal park.

but thats no disney and our tickets are still valid.

I sound like I need a new hobby hahaha

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

You sound like me!
Right, by the time you have your 2nd change you’ll have been in the Disney area for 15 nights? I think I’d take that change day as a non-park day! Do a similar thing to your first change day - but maybe book a nice lunch at one of the Disney resorts or at Disney Springs, then head over to Cabana Bay and enjoy the pool/bar etc. I know we’re all missing it but you don’t have to do Disney every day that your ticket is valid 😉
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Agree with above, you will have had 15 days of Disney opportunities. It doesn’t seem feasible on the last day because you won’t have anywhere to keep your luggage, unless you go all the way to universal and back.

I’d check out at leisure, head to CB, leave the luggage with bell services and go to a park. You don’t need to wait for your room before going to a park.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agree. Just Uber over to CB after check out and spend the afternoon either at the CB pool or a Universal park.

If you really want to use that last Disney day on your ticket, change LBV to 9 nights and reduce CB to 5. Then you don't feel like you're wasting the Disney day and can still have a leisurely switch. 5 nights at Universal is still plenty.

Edited at 12:14 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Thankyou.
We only manage around 4 hours in the parks each day max. We have a disabled daughter and she is done when she's done. We do tend to use our Disney ticket for all its worth in terms of days used haha.

But this is our longest trip. We booked 6 nights at Cabana bay because it was cheaper than booking 4 nights on BA custom trip.

Your right though we will have had plenty of Disney, I am hoping we can use our Uni stay as our relaxing end to the holiday and enjoy cocktails and less running about.

Thankyou for not shaming my craziness

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Thankyou.
We only manage around 4 hours in the parks each day max. We have a disabled daughter and she is done when she's done. We do tend to use our Disney ticket for all its worth in terms of days used haha.

But this is our longest trip. We booked 6 nights at Cabana bay because it was cheaper than booking 4 nights on BA custom trip.

Your right though we will have had plenty of Disney, I am hoping we can use our Uni stay as our relaxing end to the holiday and enjoy cocktails and less running about.

Thankyou for not shaming my craziness
We’re all crazy here 😂
I had forgotten you can do Universal whilst waiting for your room, so why not do that? Leave your bags at CB and head for a few hours at one of the Universal parks. Then back for leisurely evening at CB. Universal is definitely much more laid back than Disney! Enjoy x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List