TimP
Imagineer

Wow ! Walk on Rides Nov 09 -Day 2 Universal & IOA

Cast

Tim 41 - chief planner - again !
Claire 36 - still loves Disney
Sam 15 - STILL doesn't know what he wants
Harry 11 - my ride partner

I never seem to sleep well especially in a new bed , so I am awake at about 5.30am, play around with my phone to pick up the free wifi signal and do a spot of facebook updating and check emails etc, not forgetting The Dibb of course ! , Kids wake around 6.15 so I suggest while Claire has a bath , we go and check out the indoor pool that we saw last night near reception.
We get down to the main building and enter the pool , with no one insight we have the whole place to ourselves, the hot tub was as hot as I normally have the bath water, and the pool was the warmest pool I have ever swam in, So in all a great start to the holiday, we stay for about 40 mins then go back to our room.
Sam and I check out the free breakfast that was on offer on the way up, a bit disappointing as it consisted of a carton of orange juice an apple or an orange and a sweet pastry, however it was free so ! .

We find that the first shuttle bus to Universal studios is at 8.15am , so we get back to the lobby at 8am and get our passes for the bus. Arrive at Universal at 8.20 and I exchange our vouchers at guest relations and enter the small line waiting for opening, about a 5 min wait before the park opens, Harry grabs a few park guides and we head off to Shrek 4d first, we all love this ride and we are first to enter. It was so quiet , we walked over to The Simpson Ride and walked straight in , this was the first time we had been since this ride opened, I loved it , the others thought it was ok but left them feeling a bit queezi.
next was something we all like , Men in Black, where sam was determined to beat his high score, he does this easily as he presses the RED button and get his bonus, and a score of over 200000.
After being hassled by the first of many timeshare sellers , this time The New Hilton, we walked straight onto Jaws.

This is where the title of the trip got it's name as in the fist hour we had walked stright onto 4 rides that we have previously waited 30 mins each for.

Next walk on was E.T, before we took our seats for Animal Actors. For anyone who read our last trip reports, ( Sue I know you did ! ) Ds Harry waved his hand frantically everytime a willing participant was requested, but was never picked.

This time he got his wish, and was picked for the part where the bird land on his head, and asks the dog for items from the clothing basket, you all know the story , the Oran Utan comes out looking for her bra that the dog has pinched. anyway that made his day, and when i figure out how to take a still from the video , I will post it.

Plenty of character greetings took place before Harry and i tried Twister for the first time, a bit of a let down we thought but it again was walk on.

Rip Ride Rocket grabbed our attention, so we watched from beneath, but decided to do it next time we visited.

So it was off to Island, stopping at Hard Rock and NBA shops on the way. Previously Bilge Rat Barges was our favourite here, so we head for that first, agin walk on, and this time we all got the soaking of our lives, never before had we been so wet, good job it was well into the 80's. harry and I then went onto Ripsaw Falls, which was good but although it feels a bit safer with the lap bars now, it is more restrictive and less fun.
Jurassic Park was next and yes you guessed it , walk on , in fact we didn't even break stride.. We had seemed to have done so much in such a short time, we just chilled out for a while and wandered through Suess landing admiring the Christmas decs, taking plenty of photo's along the way, with all the characters.
On our last trip I nor any of us tried the big rides, but this time I was determined, so I took a deep breath , handed Claire my glasses, wallet and phone, and marched myself onto The Hulk, I was given the choice of any seat I wanted as there was hardly anyone else around, so I joined an English lass, who was on her own and had just gone straight back on, she assured me I would be ok. WOW what a thrill it was !

A busy day had by all so we went back to the hotel at about 4pm stopping at Walgreens for some bits on the way, and some beer for me ! I deserved one !

I think we all had a nap as we were all shattered , so we got a couple of Pizza's from the Pizza Hut in the hotel, and sat on the balcony watching, the by now lit up Rip Ride Rocket going up in the distance.

crashed out into bed about 9.30pm with a bit of tele, Tomorrow Seaworld , and am I brave enough now for MANTA !

Jan 98' - Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Aug 98' - DLP Day trip
Feb 99' - DLP Day trip
Nov 00' - Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Apr 2007 - Comfort Inn, Universal
Nov 2009 - Enclave Suites & Comfort Inn LBV

Our 1st Florida Trip 21st April - 5th May 2007
Wow ! Walk on Rides Nov 09
TimP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 09, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

well done for going on the hulk great isnt it, good to hear no big queues
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

sounds like you had a great day at US. It must have been great with no queues

lovely pics
Old 4 Dec 09, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Wow!That sounds like a great day with no queues! My 11 yr old wants to ride all the big Universal coasters but I think he will be riding them alone!

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 09, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lis34
Gone all Goofy

great report, lookinf forward to the rest
lis34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 09, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Hiya Tim I was just wondering what you though odd the Enclave,s . I have stayed there twice . I though the first time they were great but not so hot the second time round . BTW your pic's a great .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 09, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TimP
Imagineer

We found The Enclave to be ok, it could do with alick of new paint in places, in fact an English gang of painters were just starting on one floor. Breakfast poor, shuttles great and regular, staff fine, pools great and as you know location perfect.

Jan 98' - Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Aug 98' - DLP Day trip
Feb 99' - DLP Day trip
Nov 00' - Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Apr 2007 - Comfort Inn, Universal
Nov 2009 - Enclave Suites & Comfort Inn LBV

Our 1st Florida Trip 21st April - 5th May 2007
Wow ! Walk on Rides Nov 09
TimP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 09, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great day and no queues. Well done.