Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
spookle24
Excited about Disney

Tui holidays cancelled until May 1st

Sad for everyone who's lost their holiday this year, some for the second time. We are due to fly May 1st! I know its very unlikely so there's no excitement or planning... already rescheduled from last year and this is the last chance...
Old 28 Jan 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re due to fly May 3rd and this will be our third holiday cancelled when they actually do cancel it.
Very reluctant to book anything now
Old 29 Jan 21, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Due to Fly from Birmingham on May 17th - will we make it ?

Galling fact the trip is £600 cheaper were I to buy it today and as I booked last summer you can't change it without fees.

Even more galling I've got to handover the balance next month.

Wish I'd booked with BA as the balance would have only been due three weeks before departure with a small deposit upfront.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneydevotee View Post
So agree we have had 3 visits cancelled too found tui retail difficult to deal with,not at all helpful charged an extra £100 admin each time to change/cancel total £300,worst of all when they say will get back to you but never do,now struggling to get a refund for holiday.Family so want to go back to Florida in a year or so but will book online direct with Resort.
We moved our October holiday to May and had to pay £100 for the 2 of us and I’m reluctant to pay another £100 out again so just going to pay the balance next week and hope they cancel.
We got through straight away when we wanted to change and the guy we spoke to was very helpful.
A friend had had 2 holidays with TUI cancelled and both times the money was back in her account within a couple of days.
It sounds like you’ve been very unlucky with them and don’t blame you for booking elsewhere.
Old 29 Jan 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Not all tui holidays cancelled. We’re booked for New York on April 11th with them. Not been cancelled yet.
Old 29 Jan 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
TUI do not charge any fees. I have had two holidays amended and one refunded without any additional charges.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

We rescheduled from last year to fly out of Bristol on 15th May this year. However I expect it to be cancelled and with the state of US Covid problems at present I will not be disappointed. The original trip was to have been my grandson’s first to Disney but he has now started school so the booking window is more difficult.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
TUI do not charge any fees. I have had two holidays amended and one refunded without any additional charges.
They charged us £100 to move our holiday from October 20 to this May
I looked on our booking a few days ago and because we’re flying after April 30th if we want to move ours it’s £50 each
Maybe it’s because it was our choice to amend it as my manager moved her holiday from last June to this June and she also had to pay £100
Old 29 Jan 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydevotee
Gone all Goofy

just been online checking prices,different companies for end of year, four adults all much cheaper than tui,found too if a problem re booking tui not much help,say will ring you back but don’t. Just spoken to Disneyworld U.K. and Disneyworld Florida re prices and booking,brilliant so helpful and surprisingly good prices at the moment.Anyone booked direct before ?
Disneydevotee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydevotee View Post
just been online checking prices,different companies for end of year, four adults all much cheaper than tui,found too if a problem re booking tui not much help,say will ring you back but don’t. Just spoken to Disneyworld U.K. and Disneyworld Florida re prices and booking,brilliant so helpful and surprisingly good prices at the moment.Anyone booked direct before ?
Booking direct works really well we found.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List