Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Feb 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pepsibubbles
Imagineer

Our last trip we decided to spend 3 nights in Miami at the end of the trip before travelling back up to Orlando the day before our flight. The day before our flight we decided to leave Miami at about 11am so we could arrive at the Hilton Disney springs and then walk over and get some food and relax. We left Miami at 11am and arrived at the hotel at about 4pm, went to check in and it suddenly hit me I forgot to empty the safe in Miami :O My mac book, Our Passports, medication and some cash all in Miami We phoned Loews Miami and they had all our stuff at security the only downside was we had to drive all the way back to Miami and get it So we got straight back in the car drove back to Miami and arrived at about 9:30pm, We grabbed our stuff and then drove all the way back to Orlando, by the time we got back we was starving, absolutely knackered and ended up going through a steak n shake drive through ( which was yummy ). Although it wasn't funny at the time we do laugh about it now lol. We always put the car hire keys in the safe now so we can't go anywhere without checking the safe
February... 2011/2012/2015... May ... 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019... June ... 2014...August ... 2009/2010/2011/2014/2017... September.. 2002/2003/2005/2013/2014/2015/2016/2018/2019... November ... 2017/2018
Pepsibubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Sorry but if you were on the haunted mansion ride at wdw October 2006 and it stopped and the lights when on I had dropped the car keys 🤭
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We were in Tenerife in a small resort and wanted a night out in Las Americas.

Called for a taxi at the bar we were in and waited outside.

When it turned up I went to get in but found it already 'occupied'. The driver was surprised as it was his door I'd opened and was just about to get in.

Red faced I tried to explain as others piling in the back were laughing their heads off.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

On our first trip way back when, we went out on the first night for some food and went for a walk down I-drive, got a good mile or so from the hotel when it poured it down, so we nipped under the nearest shop front for shelter. We had never seen rain like it before, but after 5/10 mins I said to DW I'm not standing here anymore, this is in for the night and proceeded to stomp off into the night. She just stood and watched me try to get to the next place of shelter a few yards further up. I made it about 20 yards and the rain just stopped. I'm stood there soaking wet, even down to my shoes drenched as DW casually strolls up beside me and said thought this was in for the night?

After wringing out my t-shirt I squelshed back to the hotel, I'd not packed spare trainers as planned to buy some when we went shopping, so had to dry them out with a hairdryer, and also found out the local jeweller hadn't bothered sealing my watch properly when he changed the battery so that was ruined too.

After that I now give the rain a few minutes and it usually stops haha
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

On the way back from WDW our bus caught fire. we got off and stood at the side of the road. Fire and rescue came and the Sheriffs department . The emergency beacons attracted huge moths like sparrows and one landed on my chest . I ran screaming straight into a deputy taking him down a bank of long grass into some stagnant water. He then had to help me up the bank. My husbands face was a picture.
Old 4 Feb 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My son in his lazy teen years thought he would be clever and travel with his shorts under his combat trousers, so he could take his trousers off when we arrive and be cool. He stuff the few bits he needed for the journey in his pockets - phone, mps player, kindle. At airport security he then decided rather than empty pocket he would take his trousers off and put them through the scanner, so he undoes his belt and drops his trousers in the middle of security (I am pretending I dont know him at this stage as everyone is staring) - security obviously did not see the brilliance in his plan and pulled him to the side for a full security check. I was literally crying by the time he came through
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Our first trip to Florida we arrived at Sanford, queued at immigration and when it was our turn went up to the desk. The lady scanned my finger print but something was wrong so she got everyone else to do their finger prints and then tried mine again. She barely was saying two words during the whole thing, I was 15 at the time and we'd never travelled this far before. She suddenly announced that there the system was flagging my finger print with criminal activity (bare in mine I was only 15! ) and said that we'd need to be interviewed further. This was not funny at the time! My Dad said he'd never seen me go so white, the lady told my Mum & Brother to carry on through and collect everything and then they took me & Dad off to a waiting room.

Eventually this sheriff came through - guns on his belt and everything - took us in the office and quickly announces "Well you don't look like a mexican drug dealer"

It turns out the system flagged my print as similar to someone who had a criminal conviction for drugs and he quickly updated his computer and let us go! We had to have our bags rescanned and everything though.

We laugh about it now and I'll never forget my first trip to Orlando for that reason alone!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

DD and I start laughing the minute we reach the Immigration desk, when my DH feels so at home that he starts with the most cringey American accent. Yes, we're here on "vacation", we pick up our car "renal" and fill it with "gas", then we might eat out and he'll ask for "budder" and "wadder". It's the only time we hang on his every word, waiting for his next Americanism and killing ourselves laughing!
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
After heavy rain at the villa, we saw a worm near the pool. DH said “I didn’t know they had worms in Florida “
Idiot.
Old 4 Feb 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

My husband was driving to Magic Kingdom as we reached the parking booths he go distracted by something and ended up mounting the kerb and almost ending up in the booth, the poor old guy in there looked pretty shocked but turned around and said “ you missed me that time do you want to back up and try again” luckily my brother in law got it on video.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List