Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Oct 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
I had been considering the Sofitel because it was right at T5 and with taking the grandkids this time thought it would make life easier but as we need 2 rooms and the charge of £350 per night thats a whopping £700 to add to our budget now absolutely stuck as not sure what to book for the best ?
Are you booking suites, as that is a crazy price?
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

For anyone that’s interested. On lastminute.com it’s the secret hotel with the title “ Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow.” A rating of 84 and 9616 reviews.
It’s a non refundable rate though and not available everyday. The price seems to mostly be £106 when it’s there.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

I booked a room for 28/2 @ £161. Fully refundable through hotel website. Husband has mobility issues otherwise I would have booked PI.

Edited at 08:32 AM.
orlandofan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I had booked Sofitel (2 rooms) for our upcoming Xmas trip. We won’t get there until about 9pm as we are going after school. I was happy to pay the premium for the pool and gym use the following morning. Then I found out apparently you have to pay £25 per room to use the hotels pool and gym, and it still seems to be shut anyway (?).
I saved myself £250 by booking rooms at Premier Inn and cancelled it, I’m not paying £50 to go in a pool and gym when I’ve paid for a hotel.
The trip over to T5 doesn’t bother us as we are in the car and I’m parking at the T5 meet and greet anyway so would be driving in anyway (albeit if I’d been at Sofitel I’d have paid another night at the meet and greet).
Flights are not until 12, so lots of time.
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've stayed at the Sofitel and it is nice but yeah paying extra for pool and gym is just wrong. Do you find the drive back ok after a transatlantic flight - I used to do that when I was a lot younger but the thought of doing it now makes me shudder.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Simply can’t justify the Sofitel at that price when the Premier Inn T5 is just 10 mins away on the bus which stops outside the hotel. £1.20 per adult, children free. Runs every 20 mins.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I've stayed at the Sofitel and it is nice but yeah paying extra for pool and gym is just wrong. Do you find the drive back ok after a transatlantic flight - I used to do that when I was a lot younger but the thought of doing it now makes me shudder.
I may go in the Tesla as it basically drives itself on the motorway. I’ve driven a lot worse, including driving to the Smokies once from Atlanta when the flight was delayed 14 hours.
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’re staying at the Sofitel in December. Booked 2 rooms and used Tesco vouchers - physically paid £25 per room. We’re flying from T5, flight at 9.30am, so wanted to do bag drop night before and walk to hotel.
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

This is my issue with Sofitel (and other certain hotel groups) at airports ,where I can see possible value in location it’s the inflated cost of extras like gym, food etc .
I just can’t see the value when I’m going to be arriving fairly late , having breakfast (maybe) and then leaving. All I want is a comfy bed, shower and clean room for such a short stay .
One of my nicest hotel stays was Yotel in one of their capsules , checked in about 9pm ,woke early , walked yards to the check in ,checked in dropping bags, stopped and picked up Costa for breakfast and took it back to bed, watched a bit of TV , showered and wandered through security. The most relaxing airport departure day ever and the tiniest room but I didn’t need a big room or a tarmac view .

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I had booked Sofitel (2 rooms) for our upcoming Xmas trip. We won’t get there until about 9pm as we are going after school. I was happy to pay the premium for the pool and gym use the following morning. Then I found out apparently you have to pay £25 per room to use the hotels pool and gym, and it still seems to be shut anyway (?).
I saved myself £250 by booking rooms at Premier Inn and cancelled it, I’m not paying £50 to go in a pool and gym when I’ve paid for a hotel.
The trip over to T5 doesn’t bother us as we are in the car and I’m parking at the T5 meet and greet anyway so would be driving in anyway (albeit if I’d been at Sofitel I’d have paid another night at the meet and greet).
Flights are not until 12, so lots of time.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

We’ve booked Sofitel for £129 on their website. Flights at 9:40 so didn’t fancy rushing around on the day. £129 was about my maximum though, any more or a later flight and we’d have stayed at PI Bath Road

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List