Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hotels.com - resort fee query

I am looking at booking a hotel in Clearwater through Hotels.com but I have noticed that there is an issue with resort fees.

I price up the hotel and there is a bit under the total price that say £26 per room per night resort fee. This makes up the total amount for the hotel.

When I scroll down to the 'fine print' it states that there is a mandatory charge to be paid to the hotel of a $35 per room per night.

Has anyone else had this with Hotels.com?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I am looking at booking a hotel in Clearwater through Hotels.com but I have noticed that there is an issue with resort fees.

I price up the hotel and there is a bit under the total price that say £26 per room per night resort fee. This makes up the total amount for the hotel.

When I scroll down to the 'fine print' it states that there is a mandatory charge to be paid to the hotel of a $35 per room per night.

It's not a hotels.com thing. Some hotels have locally paid resort fees. This usually covers gym access, pool access etc. Although, many say its just a stealth charge. Common in places like Vegas but not unheard of in Florida as well. It doesn't usually matters who you book with.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bal View Post
It's not a hotels.com thing. Some hotels have locally paid resort fees. This usually covers gym access, pool access etc. Although, many say its just a stealth charge. Common in places like Vegas but not unheard of in Florida as well. It doesn't usually matters who you book with.
I get that, but they have the words in their price details 'resort fee included'. So when you pay Hotels.com, you pay the resort fee to them at £26 per room per night and then when you arrive at the hotel they also charge you a mandatory resort fee of $35 per room per night, so you're being charged twice, once by hotels.com and then again by the hotel? Am I missing something?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Have you gone through the booking process? Does the £26/$35 come out of the price to be paid now before confirming payment?
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Have you gone through the booking process? Does the £26/$35 come out of the price to be paid now before confirming payment?
I've gone as far as I can and the £26 is included in the final price of the booking costs.

Small print says that the $35 is mandatory and must be paid direct to the hotel.

Old 14 Oct 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

I get that, but they have the words in their price details 'resort fee included'. So when you pay Hotels.com, you pay the resort fee to them at £26 per room per night and then when you arrive at the hotel they also charge you a mandatory resort fee of $35 per room per night, so you're being charged twice, once by hotels.com and then again by the hotel? Am I missing something?
I would suggest you've already paid it with the £26
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Is this the Wyndham Grand by any chance? I know they have a $35 resort fee. I just tried a dummy booking and the resort fee is shown in the total price per night, but the price to pay hotels.com is lower to reflect paying the resort fee separately at the hotel. So the room was £380, £354 payable to hotels.com and $35 (£26) due on arrival.

Edited at 08:37 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Can you book with the hotel direct? That way there'll be no confusion. I'm going to New Orleans in December and have booked the hotel direct with the hotel rather than through a third party.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Is this the Wyndham Grand by any chance? I know they have a $35 resort fee. I just tried a dummy booking and the resort fee is shown in the total price per night, but the price to pay hotels.com is lower to reflect paying the resort fee separately at the hotel. So the room was £380, £354 payable to hotels.com and $35 (£26) due on arrival.
It is the Wyndham. I must be missing something out as it said that the resort fee was included in the price when I looked

I'm going to try again

Old 14 Oct 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

This is what I see if it helps...

loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List