Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 May 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

What is $21 when the holiday costs thousands?
Old 27 May 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
In a nutshell, the guidance says to include it and has examples to follow.

A lot of people haven’t followed/included.

There’s no cases Dibbers are aware of where someone has been refused entry into the US because they missed their middle name on the ESTA application.

So it’s up to you whether to proceed as is and hope no issues, or reapply for one with it included as per the guidance.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Middle name bunfight! To do or not to do? 99.9% of the time it won't matter but then that's no consolation if you are that 0.1%, of course just tell them that the Dibb said it would be ok You'll see that argument that your middle name isn't your "Given name" & I would agree but when you hover over the Info button it states as your name appears on your passport, again you would have to be pretty unlucky for it to be picked up but that's no consolation if you happen to be the "one". US is aware of it as there was originally a grace period, which has since passed but at the end of the day it's a personal choice
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Don’t understand why you wouldn’t put your middle name down? So I always do, But at end of day it’s a personal choice
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Just done our estas this week and put hubby s middle name on this time 👏 didn’t on the last one and no one said a thing to us ! I have never ever heard anyone been turned away from usa for not putting it on! I also have never ever seen them checking or comparing passport and esta! But like others have said if you are worried it’s worth the $21 to re do it.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

As long as your first and last name, birthdate and passport number are correct, I doubt they care much about the rest. It's just a way for the US to record tourist numbers and make some easy money.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I haven’t ever put middle names on and never had any issues however this time now I’m aware, I did put them on, so I think if you have already got one from a previous trip then continue but if doing a new one then put it down, it can’t hurt?
However I think it relates more if you have a first name that has 2 like Mary-Jane, Jon-paul maybe? Just a thought please no flaming 😂
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Lots of people say redo on these threads but think of the millions that don't Dibb and still travel with no middle name quoted. No news of people being turned away.

All these threads do is allow people to say 'well I re-did mine JUST in case so you should too' when there are always posters who have travelled without a middle name listed but these posts get overlooked or shouted down 'why would you risk it'

Not sure how many Dibbers we have, I would guess half put middle names as they've done them before then the other half miss putting them.

Not everyone redoes the Esta.

I've never seen a single post of someone not getting in, either a Dibber, a friend or just a random news link. I've seen plenty that they got through with no middle name.

It is your choice.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It is fine at the moment, but it only takes a small change in policy to cause mayhem. All the American government would say is it has been on the esta form and we are now enforcing it.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Essex Benjy's!
Imagineer

It clearly asked for middle names so why not give them?
Essex Benjy's! is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List