Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 May 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

What's the best thing that's happened to you in the parks?

As the title says... what's the best thing you've experienced or witnessed on your florida holibobs?

I'll start...

In Seaworld in 2014 we were approached by a staff member in a rainbow jumpsuit. They were celebrating their 50th anniversary. They asked my son a question and he answered correctly and we won a behind the scenes tour! We stroked a penguin and saw the rehabilitation tanks etc. It was fab.

Probably one of the stand out experiences we had as it was very unexpected 😊

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sophsters View Post
As the title says... what's the best thing you've experienced or witnessed on your florida holibobs?

I'll start...

In Seaworld in 2014 we were approached by a staff member in a rainbow jumpsuit. They were celebrating their 50th anniversary. They asked my son a question and he answered correctly and we won a behind the scenes tour! We stroked a penguin and saw the rehabilitation tanks etc. It was fab.

Probably one of the stand out experiences we had as it was very unexpected 😊
That sounds great! Nothing that exciting has happened to us! Does parking on Mickey count? 🤣

Em
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Our first visit to Islands of Adventure and we spent ages queuing to buy express passes, only to find out when we got to the front they didn't include Forbidden Journey and by then the queue was up to 3 hours.
The CM telephoned a colleague who came along, gave all 7 of us a private tour and then put us on the ride. May not have been Disney magic but it was magic!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

One holiday we were upgraded from a studio to a 2 bed at Saratoga - wow!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Just being there is the best thing that's happened to me. So many people can't, whether for financial or other reasons. I have a friend who'd love to go but she can't fly for health reasons so she'll never be able to go.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We received three - yes, three - free desserts in a single day in Hollywood Studios.

First one was in Backlot Express. Our food was loaded onto a red (not brown) tray and the house rules were that those who had a red trat received a free dessert. We were given a massive cupcake thing.

The second came from an ice cream stlll near Rock n Roller Coaster. We were just passing by and a cast member came out with a big sharing-size sundae and offered it to us.

The third came when the kids went to get some food before the Star Wars fireworks show (I was busy getting cocktails from the Brown Derby outside bar!) and, again, they were just gifted a dessert for no apparent reasons.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Just being there is the best thing that's happened to me. So many people can't, whether for financial or other reasons. I have a friend who'd love to go but she can't fly for health reasons so she'll never be able to go.
Yes I agree. Feel very lucky to be able to afford and be healthy enough to go. 5 months ago my husband couldn’t walk after a stroke. Can’t believe we are in the airport hotel now waiting to fly tomorrow and he doesn’t need any walking aids. Our 9 year old is beyond excited. His school friends are happy he’s gone cause they don’t need to listen to him talk about it any more 😂
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
Yes I agree. Feel very lucky to be able to afford and be healthy enough to go. 5 months ago my husband couldn’t walk after a stroke. Can’t believe we are in the airport hotel now waiting to fly tomorrow and he doesn’t need any walking aids. Our 9 year old is beyond excited. His school friends are happy he’s gone cause they don’t need to listen to him talk about it any more 😂
How Brilliant
Have a wonderful time

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

We also managed to meet a penguin behind the scenes at SeaWorld for answering a question on our first ever trip.

We got picked out of the crowd and serenaded by the mariachi band at Epcot on our tenth wedding anniversary. That was one of my random bucket list things that actually happened!
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We received three - yes, three - free desserts in a single day in Hollywood Studios.

First one was in Backlot Express. Our food was loaded onto a red (not brown) tray and the house rules were that those who had a red trat received a free dessert. We were given a massive cupcake thing.

The second came from an ice cream stlll near Rock n Roller Coaster. We were just passing by and a cast member came out with a big sharing-size sundae and offered it to us.

The third came when the kids went to get some food before the Star Wars fireworks show (I was busy getting cocktails from the Brown Derby outside bar!) and, again, they were just gifted a dessert for no apparent reasons.
Wow! Bet your kiddies remember that day! 🤣
Pumba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List