Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 May 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Curioussilva
Imagineer

Thursday 2nd 40th Birthday

Cast Members:

Cathryn: A Disney Nut soon to be 40
Mark: Poor suffering husband of a Disney Nut.

Thursday 2nd May
40th Birthday

Today I turned 40 and I don’t feel any different, just very tired from the flight and an a out of body experience as it felt like we were still in the UK.
The plan had been to have breakfast at Chef Mickey, but as we were checking in last night decided to cancel for the time being, it was a good job as we up at 4 am local time so 9 am back home and couldn’t get back to sleep, when it was an acceptable time we headed to the food court and had a light breakfast since nothing was really open.
When we booked the holiday, we were giving a gift card of $200 dollars, which we could claim in the World of Disney which was in Disney Springs and so that was where we were heading for the day.
Since our last trip in 2010 Downtown Disney has been upgraded and rename to Disney Springs, to be honest it wasn’t much difference and may be more upmarket then on previous years with shops like Levis.
As we were looking around Disney Springs my sinuses started to play up and that isn’t always a good thing but we carried on anyway, first point of call was World of Disney to get the voucher, and once we had the voucher, it was time for lunch, and we had an interesting lunch of Canadian Poutine which was fries, cheese curds and gravy not my cuppa at all even though Mark had enjoy it.

After lunch we had a look in The Art of Disney and kept on looking, they had an original cheque signed by Walt himself for $9,000. Also had a look in the Disney Christmas shop where most of the gift card went on, Mark says we don’t have a Christmas tree it’s a Disney tree.
As we were walking back to the bus stop as we were flagging I had notice that I didn’t have my sunhat or sunglasses and was cross with myself as I had thought that I had packed them, however I don’t recall seeing them in the room before we left.
Once back at the resort we had a look around the room and couldn’t see them anywhere. Drama over you may think. not by a long shot. Remember how I said at the start of the day that the sinuses were playing up? So we decided to head to the resort shop to see what sort of medication they had we weren’t too sure and didn’t want to risk it and of course to buy myself new sunhat and sunglasses.
Because we are staying on Disney it meant we didn’t have to drive and so we were reliant on taxis when going off site, original we hadn’t planned going off site much only to Universal, luckily they are often parked outside the lobby, once hailed we ask the driver for the nearest Walgreens with a chemist and would he wait for us, which he did while I picked some medication up.
Once fully stocked up on tissues and Sudafed we headed back to the room, we didn’t fancy heading out to the food court so we order in room service of a family four cheese pizza, two chocolate brownies and two bottles of water and as expected the brownies were shaped as Mickey Mouse. Once fully stuffed we had an early night.
Curioussilva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope the medication works and you are feeling better tomorrow

Joan
Old 26 May 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Curioussilva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hope the medication works and you are feeling better tomorrow

Joan
Sudafed always work a treat, Rudolph is often in fear of his job when the sinuses play up.
Curioussilva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List