Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 May 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Seaworld Penguin encounter

Hey,

Saw this on somebody's trippy. How do you go about booking? how much? and is it worth it?

Many thanks
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We have
You can book direct with Sea World I think it’s about $70 we got it as a freebie with AP
You get jackets but remember to wear socks and trainers
We loved it
The Walrus encounter was our favourite though
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy23
Helping Mickey

I have booked the penguin encounter for October. Booked directly with SeaWorld. It was $25. There is an up close tour which is $70. I have also booked Dine With Shamu which we have done before and really enjoyed. I booked that through Attraction Tickets Direct. Think it was £22. Am going to look at the walrus encounter now too.
Tracy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ManiStar
Proud to wear my Ears

When I last went to SeaWorld (2013) I booked the Behind the Scenes tour. This was brilliant - we got to stroke a baby shark and also stroke a penguin! It was one of the highlights of our trip.
I’ve had a look on the website and they still do this tour and it’s $35 per person.

DLP - Oct 2007, May 2009, Nov 2009
Art of Animation - Feb 2013
ManiStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
Hey,

Saw this on somebody's trippy. How do you go about booking? how much? and is it worth it?

Many thanks
I did the Close up Penguin encounter, I can't remember how much it was sorry but i just booked it at Seaworld on a day out there.

For me it was definatley worth it. I love penguins and to have one that was just walking around my feet , that I could stroke and talk to ( I know i know ) was priceless. The talk they give is very interesting and informative. I have just looked back on the photos and although it was cold my friend and I are just wearing flip flops and our normal 3/4 length trousers and vest/t-shirts. You are only in the actual enclosure itself for about 15 to 20 mins. Would definatley do it again.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

I had never heard of this but it sounds fantastic. I need to have a look at booking this for our trip!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You can book the tours and animal encounters through the Seaworld website. I think the new penguin and shark encounter is $35pp? We've done a couple of the tours, the tour we met the belugas and walrus was amazing. We learnt all about how SeaWorld help animals - we loved it.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did this. It was fab!
Aldo did the beluga whale/walrus. Fascinating...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List