Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 May 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- May 2019- PTD 1st and 2nd May

Apologies i have no pics until we get to the airport hotel but i promise there are a lot more once we get into the holiday!

We finished work on Wednesday 1st May at 4pm and practically ran home. My boss had told me to submit my holiday form to HR and the Directors at 3.59pm and sneak out so nobody could question us. We hadnt told anyone other than our bosses and the owner that we were off work, never mind getting married. We work for a local family firm and everyone likes to know everyones business and we try to keep out of that. Once home, Brett made one final healthy tea for a while and i did some last minute checks on the packing. We had 4 full size cases and 2 cabin cases to contend with, this wasnt all wedding related though, Brett doesnt like to travel light, he loves his clothes and shoes! We had 92kgs of hold luggage so he couldnt do too much damage. All the cases weighed 13-15 kgs so we still had room for shopping, much to Brett's delight (hello Levis outlet). We watched this weeks American Idol with a couple of Mimosas then it was time to really get in the mood for the wedding- Bille Faiers and Greg Shephards wedding on the Mummy Diaries was on tonight! It was very white, very Essex and very much paid for by ITV but hey good for them, they clearly make a good living from reality TV. I really enjoyed it, their daughter Nelly is so funny and Billie's dad clearly adores her, his speech gave me a little tear. We went to bed but couldnt really sleep- just like the old Disney advert- we're too excited!

The next morning we did our last minute prep, i had my eyebrows and nails done (bright neon pink fingers, hulk green toes, no traditional subtle bride nails here) and Brett had his hair cut. We both have the same hairdresser and he is so lovely, Brett has his haircut every other week so he told him why he wouldnt be in for a while and he said the cut was on him this week and to have a cocktail at the airport instead. Our first bit of pixie dust, a lovely gesture! We got home and changed and before we knew it the mini bus was here to take us to the Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport. The journey went really quick as we went at 2.00pm so missed all the rush hour traffic. The concierge at the hotel was amazing and had loaded all our bags into reception before i had even paid the bus driver! We checked in and found out we had been given a top floor superior room with free breakfast and views of the runway! Brett was super excited and wanted to stay in and watch the planes taking off all night- i asked him which he wanted more, food in Manchester City centre or room service pizza and to watch the planes, i was happy to do either, he said early dinner then watch the planes. We dropped everything off in the room and found a congratulations card and cookies from housekeeping.

It was still only 3.00pm and the plan was to eat around 5.30pm so we went to the Little M bar at the hotel. The bar staff were lovely, Brett stuck to his first drink routine and ordered an Espresso Martini (with spiced rum not vodka), i had a Mojito (always judge a bar on how good they can make a Mojito, has to be the perfect balance of everything, too much sugar syrup or soda and i'm out) and Brett had room for one more so went for a White Russian (again with spiced rum not Vodka). The cocktails were delicious, expensive at £9 for "bog standard" ones but they made up for it in presentation and taste, my Mojito was so refreshing and i am guessing with the speed that Brett's two went down, he liked his too.

The smell of the pizzas in the bar were tempting us so we headed over to the train station. How amazing is the Radisson? Go down a little tunnel and boom you are in the terminals or the train station! Unfortunately the trains were down so we had to get a tram, which took an hour and we were already starving! Luckily we found where we wanted to eat straight away- Mowgli! We have eaten here before at their other Manchester spot and it is just delicious! They serve Indian street food but they do one very special dish- Bunny Chow! This is basically curry in a loaf of bread but it is a hugely popular dish in South Africa and hard to find in the UK.

We ordered way too much food as usual but it was so worth it. If you are vegan or gluten free they have tons of options too, it really is a fabulous place. So aside from the Bunny Chow, we got Treacle Tamarind Fries, Lamb Chops (that comes with more fries), House Prawn Curry and Sticky Chicken Wings.

We tend to get different meals and just share everything, usually 70/30 in Bretts favour (but i think my waistline disagrees it was that split after this honeymoon). The food is just so good here, really strong flavours and spices. The curries are amazing, i am funny with curry, i find most takeaways taste like curry sauce from a jar but not here, they taste what i imagine an authentic Indian curry to taste like.

And of course the cocktails! A little bit different, which we love, as they are flavoured with spices. Brett had the Masala Espresso Martini (spicy) and Lychee Rose Martini (floral taste). I had the Chai Rum Sling and Pomegranate Fizz (both fruity).

All in all a delicious filling meal and not bad price at £75 for 4 cocktails, 1 main and 4 decent size tapas dishes.

The trains were now working so 25 minutes later we were back in the room and Brett sat at the window watching the planes take off, excited that tommorow it would be us on one of them! We set the alarms for 3.30am ready to hit the breakfast buffet at 5.20am. Lets be honest though, neither of us could sleep properly!

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneynut23
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

What an amazing pre travel day, the food and cocktails look so nice.
Disneynut23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It must have felt so exciting not telling anyone and then sneaking off for your amazing trip.

The cocktails look fab. I grow mint in the garden for the sole purpose of making Mojitos! I checked it last week and it's doing well so it's mojito o'clock for us later. I'm also very partial to an espresso martini, never tried a spicy version though, that sounds really interesting.

I'm looking forward to reading all the rest of your report, I stumbled on your highs and even more highs summary of your holiday this morning which was amazing to read. It's the best trailer for a trip report, I'm hooked already!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Great day!
So much pixie dust, hope it continues for you 😀
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneynut23 View Post
What an amazing pre travel day, the food and cocktails look so nice.
It was a great start, Mowgli is a great place to eat, i think they are just in the north mainly (Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham) although i seem to remember Oxford being mentioned

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It must have felt so exciting not telling anyone and then sneaking off for your amazing trip.

The cocktails look fab. I grow mint in the garden for the sole purpose of making Mojitos! I checked it last week and it's doing well so it's mojito o'clock for us later. I'm also very partial to an espresso martini, never tried a spicy version though, that sounds really interesting.

I'm looking forward to reading all the rest of your report, I stumbled on your highs and even more highs summary of your holiday this morning which was amazing to read. It's the best trailer for a trip report, I'm hooked already!

Aww thank you so much, i am off work until Tuesday and we are both suffering badly with jet lag (3am is the current bedtime) so i am trying to hammer out as much as i can- the hard bits start with park days as there are so many pics to upload! Mojitos are my favourite if they are done properly, so refreshing on a warm day! My husband tries a lot of variations of Espresso Martini, a nice one is when they add Amarula to make it a bit sweeter

Originally Posted by Loulabelle18 View Post
Great day!
So much pixie dust, hope it continues for you 😀
Thank you, there is a lot more to come

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great pre-travel day(s) and I'm going to have to check out Mowgli. Think my DH would love it so thank you
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great pre-travel day(s) and I'm going to have to check out Mowgli. Think my DH would love it so thank you
do it! we have been twice to two different locations and the food and cocktails are just amazing, not too badly priced too

2025- Seville

Old 5 Jun 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Great pre travel day - how nice to get the pixie dust even before you even got to Disney. Your meal and cocktail look really tasty - Id love the Pomegranate Fizz I think.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Great pre travel day - how nice to get the pixie dust even before you even got to Disney. Your meal and cocktail look really tasty - Id love the Pomegranate Fizz I think.
thank you the cocktails and food were really lovely, it was a great start

2025- Seville

Old 11 Jun 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I read your highs and even more highs thread so was excited to see you had started a trip report. I saw you were storming through them so thought I would wait until you were ‘complete’ before I started to read. I love a good book so like to binge read the reports. Your pre travel day sounds fantastic, I’m loving all the food & cocktails. I know the rest is well worth the little wait I had to start reading! So excited to fill in the missing bits all about your wedding and honeymoon😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List