Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 May 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 3

Wednesday 8th May

After a deep & much needed sleep last night, this morning we are both up and awake before 6 again. I enjoy just resting in the room, catching up with some WhatsApp and internet on my phone before eventually getting up.

Feel hungry again for breakfast so choose yet another healthy option - pancakes with bacon and sausage. Yum.

After breakfast we set off to catch the bus to Hollywood Studios. I am aware this park doesn't always get the best reputation, people say there's not much to do there etc. However we love it. Compared to Magic Kingdom yesterday, it's really pleasant to walk around and we just really enjoy the atmosphere.

For some reason (not that I'm complaining) the park opens 10 minutes early so we immediately set off in the direction of Tower of Terror. DH has already stated he will not be riding this so I try and pretend to be brave as I get nearer to it.

Thankfully I don't have to queue for that long (checking MDE once I'm near the front, it is already up to over an hour wait not long afterwards) - even though I find out as I'm in the queue that they only have one of the drop towers working. I befriend a nice American family while in line, and ask them to reassure me when I'm on it as my husband has abandoned me.

The ride is fun - a lot shorter than I remember as a child though - and the photograph is... erm... reflective of my feelings while on it. I decide at that point that while I'm glad I've done it, I won't need to do it any more this holiday!

After reuniting with DH (who enjoys laughing at the look on my face after getting off), we head over to Toy Story Land for our FP on Toy Story Mania. I really like the look of the whole area, and even though it is busy it still feels much less intense than MK so it's nice to wander through. Toy Story Mania is a lot of fun (DH beat me by about several hundred thousand points...oops) and then we decide to queue for Alien Swirling Saucers. A fun ride but not really worth the 35 minutes we waited - lesson learned!

As we continue walking through the park, we bump into our first characters... Chip & Dale followed by Goofy just around the corner. Despite me previously thinking it would be weird to meet characters before I left for the trip, I drag DH (with no complaints, I hasten to add) into the queues.

It's really fun interacting with the characters and they all make a big deal out of our honeymoon badges. Chip pretends to faint after seeing my ring and then high fives DH. DH particularly loves meeting Goofy - his favourite character - and even decides to do his Goofy impression in front of him.

We head over to RocknRoller Coaster for our 2nd FP of the day. I am really nervous about this ride, especially when I'm waiting and can see the cars literally shooting off into the darkness. And... wow. What an intense ride. I don't know if I enjoy it as I'm so terrified and I don't think I open my eyes the entire time. DH loves it however and is properly buzzing after we get off. I feel glad to have survived and need a sit down with a Mickey ice cream and a Coke to recover myself. We have another FP for this later in the holiday so I vow to try and open my eyes the next time!

To continue aiding with my post-RnR recovery, we wander over to the Muppets for a sit down and enjoy the change of pace!

Our final FP and ride of the day is Star Tours, which we both enjoy, and then decide we have done a lot and are ready for some cool down time. We have to wait quite a long time for a bus back this time but I genuinely enjoy just hanging out listening to the music. I have since tracked down the Hollywood Studios park music on YouTube - the one that sounds kind of jazzy/big band style. Just love it.

Once we get back to the hotel, we grab snacks (a portion of chips and a brownie), refill our mugs and head to the pool yet again. Really enjoy being able to do this in the afternoons and there's nothing nicer than getting into the pool after being all hot and sweaty at a park.

Tonight's plan is returning to Disney Springs, as we didn't really get to have a proper wander around last night due to being too tired. We get ready to head out and take the water taxi again. We decide to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express and this becomes an immediate favourite. For a QS restaurant it feels really good quality, we don't have to eat off paper plates and the food is really tasty. We have a brilliant server too who makes us feel very welcome. We both have pizzas but decide to return as everything else looks so good too.

We really enjoy just wandering around after dinner and feel more able to properly soak up the surroundings. It's so beautiful as it gets dark. We still aren't too late back to the hotel, grabbing a hot chocolate from the food court before going back to the room for a bit of TV and lazing around time. We feel proud that we make it until about 10.30 before having to crash out tonight...

Edited at 03:32 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just caught up with this. Great report! We loved Wolfgang Puck Express too. The bacon wrapped meatloaf is amazing! I am currently the only one in my family who will ride TOT, but trying to rope my 6 year old on it this year!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love Hollywood Studio's too. You're right it does get a bad rep, but it's a charming park and like you I love the laid back atmosphere. It sounds like you really enjoyed meeting the characters and well done for braving tower of terror and rock and roller coaster. I hope you manage to keep your eyes open next time as it's a great theme inside with all the neon signs!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love Hollywood Studio's too. You're right it does get a bad rep, but it's a charming park and like you I love the laid back atmosphere. It sounds like you really enjoyed meeting the characters and well done for braving tower of terror and rock and roller coaster. I hope you manage to keep your eyes open next time as it's a great theme inside with all the neon signs!
We rode RnR 3 times in the end and it became one of my favourites!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had a great day at HS and a lovely evening at Disney Springs.
Old 27 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a complete change of view about Hollywood Studios on our last trip After not having rated it on previous trips we actually loved it this time and went three times. We loved Toy story land (although I always do really badly on Toy story mania!) and also watched lots of the shows which were new to us. Really enjoying your report.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

I do love the studios 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I think the pizzas at WPE look amazing, better than Blaze actually, but there’s so many yummy things on the menu there I’ve never tried the pizza.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Another fab day, I don't think I will ever get on the Tower Of Terror. You where brave doing it solo.
Old 29 May 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Another fab day, I don't think I will ever get on the Tower Of Terror. You where brave doing it solo.
I think not quite remembering what it was like helped with the stupidity - oops, bravery. I knew if I didn’t go on it at the start of the holiday I never would, and once I’d done it I was quite happy not to go again! But glad I did it for the experience.