Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 25 Dec 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

The Pope’s Xmas message

Not wanting to disrespect anyone’s beliefs, but how ironic when he’s surrounded by riches beyond the comprehension of most that he’s asking people to live a simpler life!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I think that's slightly unfair as his message is actually spot on. I believe he does live a very basic life giving up many of the luxuries and privelidges afforded to someone in his position. As for the riches around him I'm guessing he has no control over them or what can be done with them.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I think that's slightly unfair as his message is actually spot on. I believe he does live a very basic life giving up many of the luxuries and privelidges afforded to someone in his position. As for the riches around him I'm guessing he has no control over them or what can be done with them.
Well said.
Old 25 Dec 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I agree, given the Vatican alone is one of the wealthiest organisations in the world and they give approx 3% of their revenue to charity it is very much ‘do as I say, and not what I do’. Same with the Queen and such like. It carries no weight with me
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Then it’s a shame he can’t influence the ones who do to make changes, again, not wanting to disrespect anyone’s beliefs and if he lives a frugal life then that’s good to hear x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Then it’s a shame he can’t influence the ones who do to make changes, again, not wanting to disrespect anyone’s beliefs and if he lives a frugal life then that’s good to hear x
Maybe it is a shame but with all major organisations no one person can. I think most religions are in the same position, I believe the Archbishop of Canterbury as the top cleric here has said in the past we should all do more for the homeless, including the church opening up for them on special days yet the Church of England is worth around Ł8billion, enough to solve some of the problem...and if the CoE is worth that then I dread to think what the Catholic Church is worth.

However the message he is making is right, we should all be doing more to help those unfortunate

Edited at 02:32 PM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I like this Pope, I think we will look back at some of his messages and realise he was right. I love his Encyclical on the Environment.

However, I would tend to agree that they church would appear to have too much wealth.

I don't think one man has the power to change an organisation as large as the Catholic church unfortunately.

Off to read his message now.
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
I agree, given the Vatican alone is one of the wealthiest organisations in the world and they give approx 3% of their revenue to charity it is very much ‘do as I say, and not what I do’. Same with the Queen and such like. It carries no weight with me
I'm not a religious person and wasn't aware of those figures...think I'll read up on this...what article was that from, thanks
Old 25 Dec 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I can't possibly write what I am thinking right now. I would be banned!
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
I can't possibly write what I am thinking right now. I would be banned!
Why even post then