Notices

Old 21 Jun 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That is fantastic news! I am so jealous. I can't wait to see the pictures.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That is fantastic news! I am so jealous. I can't wait to see the pictures.
I’m so excited I feel like I’ve been neglecting CSR!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So the addition of the Dolphin means a new plan. I’m afraid to say it Colette but the first casualty is breakfast at The Wave . When I did some re-arranging I could get BoG for our new MK day at 8am and decided since it was a QS credit rather than eating further into our gift cards that I should just do that. One of these days I’ll get there! So new plan:

Pre-travel day - overnight at the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport.
Travel Day - breakfast at hotel, check in 4 hours before at 9.40am to avoid the giant economy queue and then spend some time in the Upper Deck lounge. Seats in the “bubble” hopefully meaning off quickly and not too bad a wait in immigration. Collect car and off to CSR .
Day 1 - now back to AK as it’s Saturday and we felt DHS at the weekend should be avoided. Hopefully we’ll get a FoP FP but not the end of the world if we don’t.
Day 2 - still MK with BoG breakfast still at 8.20am. It’ll no doubt be second breakfast .
Day 3 - now DHS with an alarm set for the middle of the night .
Day 4 - still a later start at MK with Liberty Tree Tavern and a long lie!
Day 5 - still Epcot with breakfast at Garden Grill I had hoped to have our overnight stay at the Dolphin here but the rates were quite high for this night. I may try and swap things about if I can get GG for Day 6.
Day 6 - MK now with another BoG breakfast although this may change if we can swap to Epcot. This is also check in day at the Dolphin and hopefully an evening at DHS . Dinner is booked at ABC Commissary for no other reason than I could!
Day 7 - my birthday! Hopefully DHS morning, pool afternoon and dinner at The Yachtsman. Wander round Boardwalk for ice cream!
Day 8 - not ideal but now Epcot on a Saturday as we’re checking out of the Dolphin. We could be tempted by breakfast at Fresh! again as we liked it so much last time. I think the afternoon/evening is going to be relaxing at CSR.
Day 9 - we always like a late AK day to do Yak & Yeti for dinner and the safari at Twilight. So that’s today.
Day 10 & 11 - still both pencilled in as Universal with the now remote possibility of an overnight stay .
Day 12 - now switched to AK from Epcot.
Day 13 - still DHS.
Day 14- still MK, although I may switch MK & DHS around if I can still get BoG lunch.
Day 15 - AK and fly home .

No doubt the plan will change again before (and after) FP day. We don’t have any other TS meals planned and I want to eat at Disney Springs a few times.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I feel very much that I have been totally neglecting the most important part of the pre trip report - FOOD! This is supposed to be a pre-trip report for both the trip report and dining report after all! I know I've mentioned a couple of places we'll want to eat at but here's some more...

Pre travel & travel day - we may eat at the Holiday Inn on pre travel day but we may not. It'll depend on whether Marie has any dogs booked in that day. We ate there a couple of years ago as you usually get offered money off a meal.

This is the menu. We considered the 2 meals for £39.99 last time but decided against it.

They do breakfast too but I can't find a menu. We'll probably have something breakfast.

The Upper Deck Lounge does "snacks" and at lunch sandwiches. I'm really struggling to find out much information so when we get there I'll try and take as many photos as possible and do a thorough report!

Plane food will be plane food.

Arrival day food will be from El Mercado de Coronado. Most likely something from this window

But maybe this

Or this

We'll also pick up something for first breakfast the following day from either here or Café Rix. Probably something like this

I'm struggling to find it now but I've also seen a video of something that looked like giant chocolate eclairs! So obviously we're going to have to investigate that further .

Trip Report Index
Old 23 Jun 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Animal Kingdom

If anyone has read last years dining report you'll have seen the second breakfast item of choice at AK was the Colossal Cinnamon Bun from Kusafiri Bakery

This is awesome and did two of us easily. The best part is that this year it'll be a snack credit .
We have in the past been searching out this however

I feel that the cinnamon bun has stolen our heart though and there may not be room for the elephant ear pasty now.

Other snack items we've failed miserably to get at AK include the mac and cheese options from Eight Spoon Café. We tried 2 years ago but ended up at Tusker House instead .

Observe the snack credit symbol!

Marie will likely go for plain ole mac n cheese

but I'm thinking the pulled pork

Definitely on the list!

I've also tried and failed to try this

The Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse. I'm also intrigued by the main courses on the menu but I suspect we'll never actually eat here.

Now you'll know from previous reports (and in fact this thread) that we do love the Yak & Yeti. Marie needs to have that burger again following last years debacle. I suspect we'll end up there for lunch on our first day and I look forward to seeing the specials menu for something new.
Where we haven't eaten for a while though is the Yak & Yeti counter service place.

This does look good

Of course it'll depend on how many AK days and how many we have a meal in the park. I doubt we'll manage the Restaurantosaurus family style offering as we're seldom in a park at dinner time and the one I have planned we'll likely do Yak & Yeti TS. We haven't booked however and may change our minds.
Another place we haven't been for many years is Flame Tree BBQ. We went here in 1998 and I got food poisoning (I think, it was the only place I ate differently to everyone else). I know it's been 20 years but I just can't bring myself to eat there. I'm honestly not sure the menu tempts me anyway.

There are a lot of kiosks in AK however and many that will provide something lovely for our snack credits so hopefully we can find something surprising!

Trip Report Index
Old 23 Jun 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Oo now you have made me hungry! 😄 some great food choices there, hope you can fit them all in, I think I would have to eat at every park every day to fit all of my wish list in 😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Oo now you have made me hungry! 😄 some great food choices there, hope you can fit them all in, I think I would have to eat at every park every day to fit all of my wish list in 😂
Probably won’t. Again! We tend to get lazy and eat at wherever is nearby!
I’ll do the other parks and DS at some point but there’s so much to choose from I can see it being a very long post!

Trip Report Index
Old 23 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The plans are coming on really well now! I keep wondering if you're going to make it to universal or not. Originally I thought you'd ditch universal and upgrade to the DDP, but that hasn't happened. So now I don't know. I like the idea of the boardwalk area resort for the ease of getting to HS and Epcot. That's a bonus to get an upgrade with your hotel booking, the view will be fab!

The snacks at AK are great. I concur with you the colossal cinnamon Mickey shaped bun is yummy, as there are 4 of us we can get the elephant ears too. I've also never managed to try those Mac and cheese snacks. They do look so tasty. I can tell you the pudding from Pandora is yummy, but is quite small, not really enough to share and I'm not in a hurry to get it again. There are better options I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing what your other food plans are!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The plans are coming on really well now! I keep wondering if you're going to make it to universal or not. Originally I thought you'd ditch universal and upgrade to the DDP, but that hasn't happened. So now I don't know. I like the idea of the boardwalk area resort for the ease of getting to HS and Epcot. That's a bonus to get an upgrade with your hotel booking, the view will be fab!

The snacks at AK are great. I concur with you the colossal cinnamon Mickey shaped bun is yummy, as there are 4 of us we can get the elephant ears too. I've also never managed to try those Mac and cheese snacks. They do look so tasty. I can tell you the pudding from Pandora is yummy, but is quite small, not really enough to share and I'm not in a hurry to get it again. There are better options I think.

I'm looking forward to seeing what your other food plans are!
We are going to Universal after all. We bought the 2 day get 3 free base tickets. We only have 2 planned but since the other 3 were free anyway we thought why not? I don’t think we’ll do the overnight though as 2 nights away from CSR is enough.

Trip Report Index
Old 23 Jun 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

So no overnight stay for the Express passes. You've probably mentioned the tickets before but I've not been paying full attention. I'm all up to date now. Looking forward to seeing what your picks are for snacks and QS at HS as I find that really hard at the moment.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List