Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Feb 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We’re part of the older generation now I guess (both 64 but not sure how getting older happened) and always have a roast on sunday, varies between chicken, lamb and pork with the very occasional rib of beef... to be honest it saves deciding what to have on a Sunday, it’s only a small roast now with just the two of us and leftovers go in egg fried rice, stir fries or pies etc so no waste... one of the pork loin joints from Tesco (about £10) cuts into 4 so about £2:50 a time, we have it with 3 veg, and sometimes roasties and Yorkshire’s but that depends if we’re watching the diet or not...
I have fond memories of my mum cooking the Sunday roast on Saturday afternoon, we’d then have hot roast sandwiches at teatime... usually with the football scores...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Most Sundays it's either me alone or sometimes DS is here as well, so we would often have steak, or pork chops as .easier to do if just 2 of us
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

My son has football every Sunday normally an afternoon kickoff so we rarely bother anymore. Time aside with the exception of chicken , I find joints or legs of beef and lamb so expensive.
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Always used to have one as a kid growing up in the 70s and 80s but I can’t remember the last time we had one. Meat and spuds isn’t top of our eating lists right now..
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We pretty much always have Sunday lunch. Though I'm veggie so don't have a roast but the boys do. The only time we don't is on the rare occasion that the flags are cracking here in West Yorkshire and then we'll have a BBQ.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We go from Sunday roast some days to toast and cheese others 😂

Well often have both sets of parents round so I'll do a roast or lasagne.

If I cook DH does the afterwards clear up. Mind you I like to clear most of it away as I cook, do that leaves him plates and not much else!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We rarely have one. I only like one when I think ahead and buy a joint from the butchers, try not to buy supermarket meat. Actually trying to cut down out red meat anyway. Dd really doesn't enjoy meat and as much as I won't let her go veggie yet (she isn't a good eater, but that's a whole other story!) I have been trying to do more veggie and fish meals.
I don't mind a Sunday roast but don't always enjoy it.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
AmandaB
Imagineer

Life gets very busy but I do try to do a roast as often as possible (cooking one at the moment), its a good ti e to actually sit down with my kids with no distractions.
2020 Cancelled, 2021 in planning
AmandaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We have one pretty much everyweek. If we dont have a traditional roast it'll be a shephards pie, toad in the hole. Normally a gravy dinner. I hope my kids carry on doing this x
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A waste of time me cooking one albeit I did get the M & S £8 deal yesterday to freeze in case my Son pops around one evening.

My Wife is like a surgeon checking all meat and slings half of it away, she wont eat roasties or Yorkshires due to the fat content and also wont touch stuffing made with pork sausage meat.

She does like the veg though

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List