Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 May 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise Help DLC

We are on the 7 night in August stopping at the following ports

ALESUND
GEIRANGER
OLDEN
STAVANGER

Are there any must do excursions that it would be mad to miss?

I'm sure there is enough on the ship to keep us busy what on ship things should we think about booking?

We don't really want to be tied to lots of things but we also don't want to miss any must do's

Thanks in advance

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We liked walking around Stavanger. It’s a pretty town and you dock right in the centre.

Olden we went to the Briksdal Glacier which was not my favourite excursion but others on here have enjoyed it. The other option at Olsen is a cable car to a viewpoint which personally I wish I’d done
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

We’re doing this cruise in August and we’re a bit stuck for things to book. I think we’re going to explore Alesund by ourselves, maybe check out some of the Art Deco museums. There are lots of independent tour companies in Geiranger which offer the same fjord tours as Disney for one third of the price. The cable car in Olden seems expensive at £60 per person, but according to the website, a zip line is opening this month- I’d be willing to pay quite a lot more than £60 to take the cable car up the mountains and then zip back down! We’re hoping to book a trip on a replica of the pilgrim ship Restoration in Stavanger, but someone on a Facebook group said it was fully booked 😢 We’ll have to make enquiries onboard.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

We stopped at Geranger last summer. As soon as you get off the boat you are bombarded with offers of tours. We strolled around the town and had some hot chocolate Norway style (you must try it) in a cafe. Our kids hired electric bikes for the day.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

In Geiranger we had a walk around the village and then along the side of the fjord. After that we picked up a cheap(ish) two hour bus tour that went up to a viewpoint at the head of the fjord and then up the other side to Ørnesvingen-Eagle Road. The views were amazing and the same trip booked on the ship was three times the price.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for all your hints and tips. It sounds like we can just take a look around ourselves which I like the idea of. I can't see the cable car on Disney so I'm guessing we can just go there ourselves from what I have read. My son would love that. Should we change our money up before we go? I know we need dollars for the ship.
Didn't know there was a facebook group to join

I know my little lady would love to visit Anna and Elsa's village but I will need a lottery win for that I think!

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Edited at 12:37 PM.
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Might be worth joining the fb group for the cruise as there are a lot of people asking the same at the mo. We’re doing loen skylift from olden, the alesund aquarium and the stavanger petroleum museum and geopark.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I wouldn’t change any money. We used cards for everything in Norway and on board it’s a cash free system so again pay with a card.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
Might be worth joining the fb group for the cruise as there are a lot of people asking the same at the mo. We’re doing loen skylift from olden, the alesund aquarium and the stavanger petroleum museum and geopark.
Thank you for the ideas. I have tried searching for the group but can't find it. I must be putting the wrong thing in the search box

Old 7 May 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I wouldn’t change any money. We used cards for everything in Norway and on board it’s a cash free system so again pay with a card.
We have a US card to pay the dollar part. Did you have a special carder the Norwegian part? Or just your normal cards?