Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 May 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Incredulous over the situation with DD’s meal on the plane. I can’t believe an adult would moan about the choice of food on the plane – it’s always rubbish, bring your own if you don’t want to take the risk! More so, I can’t believe the crew gave it away, when they’d have known in a few seats time they’d have another upset passenger. What was the point of pacifying the moaner when you may have been even angrier?!

What time did you get to iHop on the first day? Wondering how early we’d have to get there to still make rope drop.

We love Wilderness Lodge too; we eat there every year just as an excuse to visit the resort. It’s a pity you didn’t enjoy the food at WCC, don’t write it off, I’m a big fan of their lunch options.

Great mix of onsite and offsite, love how seamlessly you managed to balance everything.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
not a fail at all, some great photos and meals And the IHOP chocolate pancakes reminded me it's time to walk the dog
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
Thanks for posting. Good to hear that you enjoyed Homcomin’. We are staying at OKW for the first time this summer. Did you enjoy it there?
We love it here, we're staying again in Feb. It's so peaceful & has such a relaxed feel to it, I'm sure you'll love it.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Lots of yummy looking food & drinks.
Can’t believe it took 40 mins to get to the ordering station at BOG. We’ve always pre-ordered! Will have to remember to do the same this year, don’t want a wait like that - ha.
I think we’ll have to try Annas Birthday Cupcake and almond pretzel from Norway.
😊
I know! We've always previously preordered and was not expecting that kind of wait, maybe we were just unlucky? I won't be making that mistake again though that's for sure!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Some great photos. I'm glad you decided to share this with us.
Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Incredulous over the situation with DD’s meal on the plane. I can’t believe an adult would moan about the choice of food on the plane – it’s always rubbish, bring your own if you don’t want to take the risk! More so, I can’t believe the crew gave it away, when they’d have known in a few seats time they’d have another upset passenger. What was the point of pacifying the moaner when you may have been even angrier?!

What time did you get to iHop on the first day? Wondering how early we’d have to get there to still make rope drop.

We love Wilderness Lodge too; we eat there every year just as an excuse to visit the resort. It’s a pity you didn’t enjoy the food at WCC, don’t write it off, I’m a big fan of their lunch options.

Great mix of onsite and offsite, love how seamlessly you managed to balance everything.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest.
We usually get there between 6-7am depending on park opening hours, we go to the one just S apopka vineland Rd, we are never normally there longer than 40 mins. I really wanted to love Whispering canyon, might have to try them for lunch.

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
not a fail at all, some great photos and meals And the IHOP chocolate pancakes reminded me it's time to walk the dog
Thank you
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Nine - Florida Mall & Epcot

We went to Florida Mall today for opening which was 10am

First stop was Carlos Bakery, last time we came here Carlo's had only just opened and the queues were horrendous, we decided against queuing. This time we were the first customers of the day and each received a free drink with our order.

Pecan Danish

Cannoli

Lobster Tail

we also got an Apple turnover, double choc chip cookie, and an Italian Napoleon for later.

It came to $27.11

They were ok, I'm not really sure what we were expecting to be honest, but I think we were all underwhelmed. The boys had watched Cake Boss for years so they were really looking forward to trying some of what they had seen be made.

Lunch was calling and I was out voted as usual so we ended up at Five Guys.

We had 4 cheeseburgers, 1 regular and 1 large fries, 2 milkshakes and 2 sodas for $55.30.

I am in the minority that doesn't actually like five guys. I'd choose a big mac over it everytime.

We had a reservation this evening at Via Napoli. We made a school boy error here as it was a candlelight processional night, we didn't do this, this trip, as we had done it on a previous trip and mini wouldn't do well queuing.

We spotted the Mr & Mrs Clause meet and greet was about to begin so joined a really small queue to meet them.I'm so glad we did, they were really wonderful! They took so much time to chat to the children. They even called our 13 & 16 year olds over to have a chat asking if they had been good and asked what they wanted for Christmas. They even forced them to have a pic (banned from sharing it with anyone though )

Here's mini with Mr & Mrs clause, she's thrilled as you can see

Well as predicted, Via Napoli was packed and the servers were struggling. It took ages for our orders to be taken, the servers looked as if they were chasing their tails. The general manager delivered our drinks and apologised for the wait on food.

We had 2 margherita pizzas, a Piccante Pizza and a Lasagne. DD had a childrens pizza and again they said this was free and didn't charge for her meal.

Piccante Pizza

Lasagne Napoletana

Moretti Lager

Coppa Amarena

Food was ok, nothing spectacular. DH hates that everything is brought out individually here and there could be a 5-10 minute wait between each of us getting our meal.

We had another wander round world showcase afterwards as it was a lovely evening.

DH and I partook in a (tiny) glass of Champagne from the France booth. $14.25 each.

Edited at 01:59 PM.
Old 11 May 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Ten (6th December, 2018)

We decided to jump in the car and drive to Clearwater first thing this morning, stopping by Macdonalds for breakfast.

We had never been before and thought why not! It didn't take too long and the drive was really straight forward. The weather was on our side too which was a bonus as it had been really cool since we arrived.

We didn't get any food pics but ate lunch at Frenchys.

We had a wonderful time on the beach and booked a seat on Little Toot, eventually found the dolphins which was wonderful to see.
We even saw a pig on a lead...

We had stopped off a publix for subs halfway home. The subs are around $8 but are massive and are such good value, they're delicious too. We also picked up some glazed donuts for a healthy breakfast tomorrow

We arrived back at the resort around 9:30pm DH and DS were still hungry so called in to goods to go for chicken nuggets and a cheeseburger.

This day turned out to be one of the best days it was so chilled and relaxed and we will return to clearwater for a night or two on our next trip.

Edited at 02:16 PM.
Old 11 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Eleven - Magic Kindgom

We had fastpasses this morning but decided after seeing just how busy the park was today to tour the monorail resorts and look at the gingerbread houses.

DH stopped at the Main St bakery for a drink, he got a bottle of diet coke and a water $4.19 each. He didnt use a snack credit even though we had 114 remaining and there was no way we would use them before we go home

We arrived at the contemporary around noon and as we had no reservations planned today I decided to check MDE and there was a reservation for the wave at 12:15 so we decided to eat there. This was our first time here and it was really quiet. We were seated straight and the service was second to none.

DH had a french Dip sandwich and a Bud Light. He said this was the best french dip he had ever had.

I had a ruben which was delicious and whilst it doesn't look like much it was massive.

Both boys had the signature burger and cleared their plates

DD had tomato pasta which was $9.25 and came with a water

No one had room for dessert but the server insisted on the choc flight so reluctantly we ordered it but they went un touched, They looked delicious though

All in all for such a last minute reservation this meal was lovely. A real surprise and we will be returning.

We were all flagging a little at this point so decided to head back to our resort so mini could nap and the boys could go swimming. Me and DH had a gained a little collection of beers from the resort QS so we had those on the balcony watching the golfers.

We had no plans for dinner and neither of us could be fussed with going out so I secured a reservation at Olivias, again, we've never been here.

We were seated almost immediately and our server was really friendly.

DH had a stella and ordered the Prime Rib.

He said it was absolutely disgusting. He returned it to the kitchen as everything was cold and declined anything else in replacement.

I ordered the seafood stew and I really enjoyed this

DS16 had Jerk blackened Salmon which I think was fish of the day. He enjoyed it

DD13 had a buttermilk chicken, he didn't complain so guess it was enjoyable. (no photo as he wouldn't let me take one)

Only the boys had dessert, they chose

Banana Bread pudding - sooo good

Chocolate cake

DD didn't eat as she slept through the whole meal. When the bill came DH was annoyed that they had deducted a TS crdit for his meal even though it was cold and he returned it. I hate confrontation or complaining of any sort so I told him to leave it, so he did. He went to reception the next day to tell them about it and they returned his 1 TS credit

I enjoyed my meal here and I like the setting, DH said he'd never return though.

Edited at 03:29 PM.
Old 11 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Twelve (8th December)

Most mornings we have started this way, with cereal and a brew on the balcony. We were in building 16 and had a view of the golf course.

Back to MK today and mini woke up in a mood so DH treated himself to a large berry Hibiscus from starbucks and grabbed mickey head cakepop perfect... I'm certain this sugar snack was what tipped the mighty meltdown that followed

The boys wanted to share a cheshire cat tail and a slush from Cheshire Cafe

Mini napped for ages and woke up as the parade was about to start. I popped down to the Plaza and picked up the Minnie & Mickey kitchen sinks for us all to share (I wanted the sinks which, DD now uses in her play kitchen at home)

These were $16.99 + Tax each

Dinner was at Ohanas.

We hadn't been here since 2014 after a not so great experience meant it hadn't been on our list to return. Safe to say, I'm so glad we came back. It was a wonderful evening. The food was plentiful and delicious. Only one pic (sorry)

As previously mentioned both our sons have hollow legs so ordered more noodles and veg, DS16 even asked to box up the leftovers and asked for some steak to take away and they happily obliged. He ate the lot for breakfast the next day.

I'm glad we had a positive Ohana experience as I read so many mixed reviews on it.
Old 11 May 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Thirteen

It did not start well, we had brunch at Raglan road and we got absolutly soaked as the heavens opened just as we arrived at DS.

Raglan Road was another new one on our list and i was really looking forwards to brunch.

We arrived and it was packed, we had a 15 minute wait for a table.

I ordered a Strawberry field cocktain (I think thats what it was called?)

The bread was amazing

Me, DH and DS 16 ordered the Full Irish breakfast

DS13 had pancakes

Apple crumble was for dessert

Everyone enjoyed this, the only gripe was that the food could've been warmer. Some of it was just passable as being warm.

Had we paid out of pocket for this meal it would have cost $169.45

Dinner - Sanaa

We eat here every single trip. We really enjoy it. Our last visit we felt really rushed but put that down to it being Christmas so we're hoping it was back to it usual self.

Bummed that I can't find the receipt for this.

We ordered the bread service with 1 extra of each bread as it doesn't last five minutes with my lot. DD just ate bread and dips even though we ordered her a meal.

DH and the boys each had the same - Potjie inspired Braised beef, Butter chicken and Lentil Dhal.

I chose South African Braaivleis

Desserts were

Spice trade candy bar

Caramel N dizi

DD had cheese pizza and I'm not sure on the name of her dessert

All in all, we had a wonderful meal with great service. Lots of stickers and chats with DD
Old 11 May 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day Fourteen

We went to Goods to go this morning and redeemed some snack credits (no pics but this is what we got)

Cereal
Banana
2 x cherry danish
2 x croissants
4 x waters

89 snacks remaining

We had a bit of a lazy day around the pool and the resort. We had chicken nuggets and fries at Goods to go and later grabbed chilli cheese fries (snack credit)

We also grabbed two seasonal cupcakes to share

Orea Cupcake

Peppermint Cupcake

This evening we had a reservation at trails end, we've enjoyed this in the past as we enjoy the really relaxed vibe of this resort. It's abit of a tradition to do the horse and sleigh (carriage) ride around the resort when we come over the Christmas period followed by dinner at trails end but I couldn't get the reservations to line up. We decided as we were so early for our reservation to walk around the resort and see the decorations. We are always amazed at the time and effort people must put in to this, the displays are absolutley incredible...

No pictures of our food as buffet food never photos well and as it turns our the food was awful tonight, none of us got a second plate and we were only there a little over 30 minutes. Think we'll give trails end a miss next visit.