Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 May 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

ADR Day Coming... what would you change

So my ADR day is approaching and I’m on the DxDDP for this trip. I have 11 nights at Disney so this will be 33 TS credits to be used.

Here’s my list

33 TS Credits - ADRs

Whispering Canyon Cafe 1 Lunch
Narcoossee 2 Dinner
Trails End 1 Breakfast
Yak and Yeti 1 Dinner
Sanaa 1 Lunch
Kona Cafe 1 Breakfast
D-Luxe Burger 1 Lunch
Citricos 2 Dinner
Ale and Compass 1 Breakfast
Chefs De France 1 Lunch
Rose and Crown 1 Dinner
The Wave 1 Breakfast
Yachtsman Steakhouse 2 Dinner
California Grill 2 Brunch
Jiko 2 Dinner
Planet Hollywood 1 Lunch
Teppan Edo 1 Dinner
The Plaza 1 Dinner
Mama Melrose 1 Lunch
Flying Fish 2 Dinner
Boma 1 Breakfast
Le Cellier 2 Dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe 1 Lunch
California Grill 2 Dinner

What would you change? Any must do’s I’ve missed?

Slight change already.. I noted I missed Sanaa - favourite so RFC has been dropped and Yak and Yeti has become a dinner.

Edited at 11:18 AM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Really excellent choices! If I were you, I would change Chefs de France and another 1 credit restaurant into a 2 credits reservation for Monsieur Paul, above Chefs de France. If you're going to have French food, you might as well have the best you can get! PS: I'm French, I can testify that Monsieur Paul is one of the best French restaurants I've been to outside of France.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Really excellent choices! If I were you, I would change Chefs de France and another 1 credit restaurant into a 2 credits reservation for Monsieur Paul, above Chefs de France. If you're going to have French food, you might as well have the best you can get! PS: I'm French, I can testify that Monsieur Paul is one of the best French restaurants I've been to outside of France.
Thank you! I’ve actually been back and forth over Monsieur Paul multiple times... it gets such mixed reviews I wasn’t sure if it would be a let down compared to other signatures like Jiko and Cali Grill.

What was your best dish there?

ETA: I actually have only used 32 credits if my maths is right so I could swap Chefs De France with MP without sacrificing any other meals

Edited at 02:01 PM.
Old 12 May 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Here's my review of Monsieur Paul, posted here in 2018:

For some reason this signature restaurant is rarely mentioned next to Cali Grill, Jiko etc etc but it is in my top 3.

Being French it was on my must go list simply because legendary French chef Paul Bocuse was one of the brains behind it. Sadly he passed away last year but in France he's revered as a God of Food. So of course I had to go.

I went for the set menu which is $89 or 2 DP credits plus $30, so pricey but so worth it. The place is elegant and more intimate than other signatures, great for a date night or special occasion. If you seat by the windows you can have a great view of Illuminations.

Now the food is simply spectacular. For starter I had the VGE black truffle soup. VGE stands for Valery Giscard d'Estaing, who was the French president in the late 70s/early 80s, as Paul Bocuse created this dish for him at the time for an official dinner. It contains beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, topped with puff pastry. Note that the original recipe included duck foie gras, not here.

Then I had the best lobster ever: Maine Lobster with Sautéed Mushrooms with mollet quail egg and creamy black truffle bouillon.

Dessert was wonderful and very rich: "Le Moelleux" (or "The Moist One" in English lol): Warm chocolate and almond cake with raspberry coulis in the center, hazelnut crust, hazelnut ice cream.

Good portions, wonderful staff, amazing matching wines... Why is it not more talked about?
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

PS: theCMG went to Monsieur Paul after I suggested it last year, and rated it the best meal of his trip. Here's his review with photos:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...5#post13381575
Old 12 May 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks so much for your detailed review! It sounds amazing.

Off to read theCMG report
Old 12 May 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We did whispering canyon last year and it was a total flop. They have changed things and made it a more quiet affair but still do the tomatoe sauce thing (which felt extremely uncomfortable because it was so silent in there). food was average, we got the all you care to eat skillet but had to ask for extra food. Staff just left us with a messy table without asking if we wanted more or desert etc. It was just a complete fail. So i would change that one 👍🏻 The rest sounds fab!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We did whispering canyon last year and it was a total flop. They have changed things and made it a more quiet affair but still do the tomatoe sauce thing (which felt extremely uncomfortable because it was so silent in there). food was average, we got the all you care to eat skillet but had to ask for extra food. Staff just left us with a messy table without asking if we wanted more or desert etc. It was just a complete fail. So i would change that one 👍🏻 The rest sounds fab!

Oh this is good to know! I didn’t really fancy the antics being solo and chose this purely because it’s the day I’m checking into WL from Universal.

They had a starter of burnt ends nachos which sounds lush but if the food is rubbish I may switch it out and maybe try a lunch at a resort nearby or even geyser point?
Old 12 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Thanks so much for your detailed review! It sounds amazing.

Off to read theCMG report
By the way when I went there, it was on a solo trip. The staff was very attentive and friendly, and made me feel so welcome... but that's not exclusive to this restaurant of course, everywhere I went solo, I had such awesome interactions with friendly staff. Cast members are the best!

Edit: Geyser Point is awesome, you feel like you are lost in nature instead of being on Disney property, unspoiled views of the lake, great burgers (try the bison burger of you are feeling adventurous, if not great regular burgers and other dishes) and great cocktails. The boat trip from/to Magic Kingdom is nice and relaxing too, about 15 mins dock to dock.

Edited at 06:17 PM.
Old 12 May 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
By the way when I went there, it was on a solo trip. The staff was very attentive and friendly, and made me feel so welcome... but that's not exclusive to this restaurant of course, everywhere I went solo, I had such awesome interactions with friendly staff. Cast members are the best!

Edit: Geyser Point is awesome, you feel like you are lost in nature instead of being on Disney property, unspoiled views of the lake, great burgers (try the bison burger of you are feeling adventurous, if not great regular burgers and other dishes) and great cocktails. The boat trip from/to Magic Kingdom is nice and relaxing too, about 15 mins dock to dock.
Sounds amazing! I literally cannot wait for this trip and it’s my first solo trip to WDW - first of many I hope.

Geyser Point looks incredible and I think it will be my evening hangout post park for a nightcap while staying at WL.

Am I right in thinking it’s a QS restaurant?