Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 May 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
Excited about Disney

Do we really need ponchos?

We're going in mid july so it's going to be baking hot, if we go on rides and get wet does it really matter ? Interested to hear views on whether its worth getting some cheap online before we go. We are especially used to getting wet in Wales lol
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

If it rains we usually just run for cover. I have used them if it rained and we had to be somewhere for a meal or show.
We never use them for rides,they are called water rides for a reason. and you dry in minutes.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Poncho’s are really cheap if bought before you go, we got a multipack from amazon.
They came in really useful on the rides not so much for keeping us dry, but keeping my bag dry ( it contained my camera, money and cigerettes-naughty habit I’ve given up since last time.)
We used them during the showers which soaked us more than the water rides did. But-we found the sunshine dried us out within about half an hour.
Personally I always take them just in case. However I would never buy the park ponchos.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

I use one on water rides but only to stop my hair getting wet. Think next year will just take a plastic rain hood to pop on over my hair. ! I will get ridiculed from family.
Loobylou_82 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMarvel
Proud to wear my Ears

We take a small Primark umbrella in the back pack just in case we need to dash through a rain shower.

The character outlets have the official Disney Parks ponchos at the minute if you hit those up before the parks
MrMarvel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

No, it’s far too hot to wear plastic like that in Florida. The disposable ones are bad for the environment too.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

I used some last year when it was really bad but I hated ponchos. Hot sticky and don't work very well. I may look for a lightweight jacket or just get wet this year as I'm not doing disposable ponchos again and may save the planet a bit.
Old 14 May 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We pack one lucky, poundshop poncho in the rucksack - if it rains we find shelter, usually because lightning is close by too.
The poncho will be making it's 4th visit without being used this year.
Nothing worse than the heat making a poncho useless as you sweat more on the inside, no a good feeling
It stays in the bag as a lucky omen!

If you do get wet , you will soon dry out, but avoid the aircon for a bit so you don't get cold

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
If you do get wet , you will soon dry out, but avoid the aircon for a bit so you don't get cold
I would love to get cold in Aug
Old 15 May 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I nearly always carry my poncho (the time I forgot it I regretted it, got very wet and then cold on the air conditioned bus!) I have a Disney poncho that has lasted years, keeps most of me dry in a down pour and means we can carry on with our day in a downpour. Legs and arms dry quickly in the heat but when you’re soaked through it’s uncomfortable for a while 😕
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List