Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 May 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hotwire for hotels

Wondering if anyone has used Hotwire recently...looking at 2 nights in Miami Beach and could save over £100 so thinking of cancelling existing booking and booking through HW. Are the hotels really what they say ie 3 star or 4 star?

thanks
Old 16 May 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yes they are , I've used Hotwire in the U.K. And US . There are websites devoted to helping you predict which hotel you'll get betterbidding is one but there are others too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Yep - used it many times, most recently to get a Hilton in San Francisco last year.

As above, better bidding can help you identify the specific hotel with a high degree of confidence, but you have to be prepared that it might not be a specific hotel that you want.

Because of this small risk, I always go for 4/5* as I'm unlikely to be disappointed with any hotel of that standard I get given.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was looking at Hotwire for a Universal hotel and I noticed it tells you it’ll be one of four hotels and gives you a picture of the actual room. With a bit of research you can tell which hotel it is. Unfortunately I haven’t found anything yet.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s not normally too difficult to work them out. Narrow down the area and star rating and you should be able to match them up with their review, rating and was price. They’re normally the best options to check. Disney often drop their rooms on there and Priceline secret hotels for last minute bargains. AOA mermaid rooms are on Priceline for the beginning of June for $92 a night at the moment.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm looking for Miami for 23rd June wondering if anyone any tips on what's offered.
Old 23 May 19, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Check out betterbidding for lists of previous hotels and a tool that helps predict the hotel. Also there is 10% off with GETAWAY10 until 24/5.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Just be aware that their headline prices don't include taxes. You need to click through to get the actual price you will pay
Old 23 May 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
It’s not normally too difficult to work them out. Narrow down the area and star rating and you should be able to match them up with their review, rating and was price. They’re normally the best options to check. Disney often drop their rooms on there and Priceline secret hotels for last minute bargains. AOA mermaid rooms are on Priceline for the beginning of June for $92 a night at the moment.
I just want to publicly thank Softy. My upcoming trip's budget has been curtailed and I just used this tip to be able to book AoA as a treat for my daughter. Thank you so much Softy, I am absolutely thrilled.
Old 23 May 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

I ran it through a VPN (USA) and paid dollar prices on my Revolut for the same as pound prices found elsewhere
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List