Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Parent swap and fast passes

So last time we'd went few years ago now on some fast passes our youngest couldn't ride we would get a parent swap so out other son could ride with dad on fast pass and me again on my fast pass but I've read they aren't doing this now? So will one of us have to ride alone?
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by dollydaydream7 View Post
So last time we'd went few years ago now on some fast passes our youngest couldn't ride we would get a parent swap so out other son could ride with dad on fast pass and me again on my fast pass but I've read they aren't doing this now? So will one of us have to ride alone?
I went last year and I rode twice. Once with my parents and then with my sister because of my niece.
They just zap you and give you an extra fastpass. This was last September. So if they have stopped it, its news it me.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlie30
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’re here now and are using parent/child swap no problem.
Everyone needs to present at the ride entrance and they scan the persons band who is riding second plus up to 2 additional riders to ride again.
I.e. I fast pass a ride with 2 of my children and then the 2 children plus my husband ride again afterwards.
It even works for FOP which I had read was questionable from some posts. I booked 3 fastpasses and we rider switched at the end. Some posters had stated you would be given a return time but you can use the switch passes (on your band) to return anytime that day and do the second ride.
Old 24 May 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Charlie30 View Post
We’re here now and are using parent/child swap no problem.
Everyone needs to present at the ride entrance and they scan the persons band who is riding second plus up to 2 additional riders to ride again.
I.e. I fast pass a ride with 2 of my children and then the 2 children plus my husband ride again afterwards.
It even works for FOP which I had read was questionable from some posts. I booked 3 fastpasses and we rider switched at the end. Some posters had stated you would be given a return time but you can use the switch passes (on your band) to return anytime that day and do the second ride.
Can confirm this is how it worked for use last summer also
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I am also here now and using it. They will ask if you have FP or standby and if you have FP your RS return time reflects that. However they are good all day from the time they start. They show on MDE as a start time.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So can we “double up” fastpasses? So e.g. can we use rider switch where my DH has a fastpass for big thunder and so we all go to fastpass queue and I get a return time and he rides while I hold baby, then I ride while he holds baby and then we do the same with whatever ride I have a FP for -so we effectively get 6 fast passes? I have read that this used to work and now doesn’t?
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
So can we “double up” fastpasses? So e.g. can we use rider switch where my DH has a fastpass for big thunder and so we all go to fastpass queue and I get a return time and he rides while I hold baby, then I ride while he holds baby and then we do the same with whatever ride I have a FP for -so we effectively get 6 fast passes? I have read that this used to work and now doesn’t?
I read this too but I’m still not sure.

If there is just you hubby and the baby that definitely can’t ride then I can’t see why not as both of you booking fastpasses for splash for example would make the rider switch a moot point as you would just use your fastpasses as normal.

My situation is that I have me and hubby and eldest can all ride but youngest can’t so even if I book a fastpass for hubby and eldest and get a switch then I try and get a different fastpass then I would have to ride on my own first before getting the switch and I don’t wanna ride on my own.
Wish they would make these fast passes easier
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I read this too but I’m still not sure.

If there is just you hubby and the baby that definitely can’t ride then I can’t see why not as both of you booking fastpasses for splash for example would make the rider switch a moot point as you would just use your fastpasses as normal.

My situation is that I have me and hubby and eldest can all ride but youngest can’t so even if I book a fastpass for hubby and eldest and get a switch then I try and get a different fastpass then I would have to ride on my own first before getting the switch and I don’t wanna ride on my own.
Wish they would make these fast passes easier
For 2 adults and a young one I can confirm that you can in effect double up on FP’s.

We spent most of our FP’s for the 3 of us. However, when DS fell asleep and we looked for the bigger rides then yes we were able to select 1 x FP only and user RS to both ride.
Old 24 May 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
For 2 adults and a young one I can confirm that you can in effect double up on FP’s.

We spent most of our FP’s for the 3 of us. However, when DS fell asleep and we looked for the bigger rides then yes we were able to select 1 x FP only and user RS to both ride.
Amazing thank you! Could we do this in 2 parks? So eg DH makes 3 MK fast passes for the morning and I make 3 AK fast passes for the evening and as long as the all have height restrictions we can both ride all 6? Don’t want to game the system, just to work out what is allowed!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Amazing thank you! Could we do this in 2 parks? So eg DH makes 3 MK fast passes for the morning and I make 3 AK fast passes for the evening and as long as the all have height restrictions we can both ride all 6? Don’t want to game the system, just to work out what is allowed!
Great question and haven’t got a clue to be honest.

Can always try...

However our experience over spring break (uk holidays) was that we could get any FP we wanted on the day.

So if you were to split parks then you could possibly get those big rides for the 2nd park of the day.

We went from MK to DHS on the Saturday of Easter weekend... as we were on the bus to DHS I was able to get RnR FP for me and SDD for DW straight after. Meant we were able to ride both... after using 3-4 FPs in MK earlier.

A little working of MDE but it does work.