Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 May 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone else finding the new emh are making planning difficult for september?

So i thought i had a rough plan for our upcoming trip but with the addition of the extra extra magic hours i am now a bit stumped. Previously i have used the dibbs busy day guide but as hollywood studios, MK and AK all have extra magic hours for the duration of september they are being classed as red for every day of our stay 🙄. Just wondered how everyone else is tackling this?

Any advise greatly appreciated
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m in the same boat, staying off site, was going to park hop for 2 days & get FP for the afternoons after rope drop in the morning at another park, but as it will be extra busy in the mornings, I’m now going to do to 3 days & 3 parks & hopefully get some FP’s, fingers crossed for the mornings if not I’ll get the afternoons
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm going in October and it has also thrown me out for the same reason. I've given up and am just going to pick what works best in terms of FP for each day, as and when I can book them.

It has sort of, forced my hand into booking 1 night on site so that we can use the EMH to at least try to see the things that are new since our last trip.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The busy day guide goes out the window I think. Everything is automatically red apart from Epcot because extra magic hours means the parks are typically busier. However, if most/all the parks have extra magic hours then this should balance things out to be manageable across the board.

How I’m gonna do things is have fast passes booked for late morning (10/11/12) and then after that look on MDE to see which park looks the quietest and then hop over there IF the park I’m in isn’t manageable.

I think the extra magic hours just makes FP planning more important. I think the crowds will be spread evenly though apart from at Galaxy’s edge, of course.
Old 22 May 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by adreamisawish View Post
The busy day guide goes out the window I think. Everything is automatically red apart from Epcot because extra magic hours means the parks are typically busier. However, if most/all the parks have extra magic hours then this should balance things out to be manageable across the board.

How I’m gonna do things is have fast passes booked for late morning (10/11/12) and then after that look on MDE to see which park looks the quietest and then hop over there IF the park I’m in isn’t manageable.

I think the extra magic hours just makes FP planning more important. I think the crowds will be spread evenly though apart from at Galaxy’s edge, of course.
I think that sounds like a good plan and is similar to what i think we will do. We arrive 29th august so am going to avoid HS untill the 3rd September as in august HS is opening at 6 to everyone and its also labour day weekened so im expecting it to be crazy.

Thanks for the advice 😊
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think the EEMH are wiping out any advantage or disadvantage to EMH. I’m onsite but finding planning difficult as there’s now no distinction between days. What I expect will happen is that some onsite guests who are naturally early risers will do EEMH every day but it’ll now be spread across 3 parks. Others who prefer a later start will also be spread across the parks. Presumably that’s what Disney are hoping anyway. I don’t even know if it means the parks will be busier in the mornings as some people will have the “pressure” of EMH taken away and may just decide not to bother.
DHS will be awful though!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I think the EEMH are wiping out any advantage or disadvantage to EMH. I’m onsite but finding planning difficult as there’s now no distinction between days. What I expect will happen is that some onsite guests who are naturally early risers will do EEMH every day but it’ll now be spread across 3 parks. Others who prefer a later start will also be spread across the parks. Presumably that’s what Disney are hoping anyway. I don’t even know if it means the parks will be busier in the mornings as some people will have the “pressure” of EMH taken away and may just decide not to bother.
DHS will be awful though!
I have found it has made trying to plan fast passes really difficult. If i didnt have to book these i would just wait till we are there and look on mde to see which park looked the most manageable. I am going to do as previously suggested and try to book them for late morning and then park hop if needed however we have 3 children and the youngest will only be almost 4 so its not ideal. I think i have resigned myself that if it all gets too much we will be having alot of pool time 🏊.
Old 22 May 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Will all of you be bothering with Galaxy's Edge?
I'm onsite, but even so, I'm not sure if I could get up at 4am (or earlier) to get to the park by 5am (to be in for EEMH by 6am) to get any chance of getting on the only ride in GE.

And part of me is dreading the crowds that will be there. Do I really want to go through that?

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I'm in the process of reworking some of our plans. I'm using a combo of touring plans and the busy day guide to try and make some sense of it! TP has the parks (apart from HS of course) as very low crowds on most days but I think this is such an unknown that we have said we will just spend a bit more time over at Universal if the crowds are too bad.

It's definitely going to be a trip of early mornings which I don't mind! We are going to try and do GE once at least and we'll aim to get to HS for 5am on that day.

The main thing it's messed with is breakfast ADR's which I haven't been able to move so for now I'm keeping the originals until we book our FP and then I'll cancel what we cant use.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Really don't know what to do, I'm offsite so EEMH mornings have knackered our plans of visiting parks without EMH, so I think its pot luck which park to go to on which day now.
I'm not bothered about GE, but I'm going to leave my HS visit til the end of my holiday and hope the initial madness has calmed down a tad. I know its still going to be chaos though
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List