Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGM32
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Drinks included with QSDP meals

We have QSDP included with our upcoming trip.

Can you choose any soft drink on the menu with a QSDP meal?

Or is it restricted to drinks labelled up as snack credit eligible?
TheGM32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post

I think it is any drink, excluding anything in a special cup.

I don’t recall seeing any drink labelled as snack credit eligible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Yes, any soft drink but not a premium ones in special cups etc
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As previously stated you can have any soft drink as long as its not in a special or Souvenir cup.. In some QS locations you will just be given a cup to serve yourself from the fountain and in others you have to state which soft drink you want.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
correct me if i am wrong, but it now also includes alcoholic beverages, where they are available. I know this was definitely possible in our resort last year, however Im not sure whether there are any QS places in the parks that serve alcohol.
Old 23 May 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
correct me if i am wrong, but it now also includes alcoholic beverages, where they are available. I know this was definitely possible in our resort last year, however Im not sure whether there are any QS places in the parks that serve alcohol.
I was under the impression that you could only get alcohol with TS meals? Maybe I am wrong though? Hopefully somebody that has been recently can set us straight!
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Belle1989 View Post
I was under the impression that you could only get alcohol with TS meals? Maybe I am wrong though? Hopefully somebody that has been recently can set us straight!
No you can get an alcoholic beverage with either QS or TS so long as over age.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
We went in Nov 18, and my OH got a beer with his burger at All Star Music, so I know it is possible with a QS credit. However I know there can be slight differences between resorts and parks, hence why I wasnt sure if you can do it in the parks.

At All Star Music, the selection was limited to beer, wine and i think there was a cider available. They were all 'single' portions, and located in the fridges at the back of the food court (where all the prepackaged food is).

At a TS there is usually a much larger selection and cocktails are also included in what you can choose. We made use of this at Ohana and Yachtsman. The nice this was that in most places you can also have a soft drink, as well as your alcoholic drink. This surprised us at Ohana when the server asked if we also wanted a soft drink!
Old 23 May 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
We went in Nov 18, and my OH got a beer with his burger at All Star Music, so I know it is possible with a QS credit. However I know there can be slight differences between resorts and parks, hence why I wasnt sure if you can do it in the parks.

At All Star Music, the selection was limited to beer, wine and i think there was a cider available. They were all 'single' portions, and located in the fridges at the back of the food court (where all the prepackaged food is).

At a TS there is usually a much larger selection and cocktails are also included in what you can choose. We made use of this at Ohana and Yachtsman. The nice this was that in most places you can also have a soft drink, as well as your alcoholic drink. This surprised us at Ohana when the server asked if we also wanted a soft drink!
I didn't realize you could get both at TS? Is this standard practice or just based on generous servers?
Old 23 May 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
I didn't realize you could get both at TS? Is this standard practice or just based on generous servers?
I think it depends on what TS you are at. As in, it probably more likely that you are going to be able to have multiple drinks at Buffet/family style restaurants.

We were asked by servers at Ohana (family style), Trails End (Buffet), Garden Grill (family style), Tusker House (Buffet) and California Grill Brunch if we wanted a 'second' drink. Some of those places, we just had multiple types of soft drink ( Juice, coffee, soda) and at Ohana we had a cocktail each and also a soda each (which was refillable).

We did see people doing it at Teppan Edo (beer + soft drink) as well. So I guess you just have to ask!