Notices

Old 25 Aug 14, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

We're Going Back ! Pre Trip Report

Hi everyone first things first let me introduce everyone.

First up myself, Rebecca, (24) a huge Marvel and Harry Potter fan as well as a self confessed chocoholic.

Secondly and finally my husband Ben (24) also known as akhurstf1 this is his account I'm writing on. As you can tell from the username he is a big formula one fan. He works all week as an IT Technician so I will leave uploading photos etc for him.

We first went to Florida for our honeymoon in June last year (2013) and we both loved it (so much that we wanted to stay out there), we took a rather slow pace last time and we're hoping to pick up the pace slightly this time. Nether of us are huge coaster fans although I like them slightly more than DH as long as I'm not going on them alone.

Our Florida holiday was unexpected this year and if I'm honest not what we were originally going to do (not that we knew what we were going to do for a holiday apart from abroad somewhere sunny) but the price was so good and thanks to a lot of overtime on my part and a nice tax rebate we able to afford it, so we booked two weeks from November the 4th flying with BA with a night at the airport before hand. We decided to give this a try as not only are we not parking at the airport it would save us an early morning like we had the last time (I am not good at being up at 5am even if it is for a holiday). We are staying at the Clarion Inn at Lake Buena Vista. I've read some good and bad reviews about it so we shall see when we get there. Like last time we are not hiring a car, DH is not a fan of driving when on holiday and I haven't passed my test yet hopefully will be starting lessons soon so maybe next time. Also with it just being the two of us it seems point less to spend the extra money on car hire, insurance, parking etc when we can use the shuttles that the hotel provide as well as the lynx bus that stops at the TTC and DD which stops not far from the hotel, as well as this we are aware that DD is only a couple of miles away so we also have the option to walk if we feel like it.

We then had to decide on what tickets to get we ruled out sea world as while we enjoyed our day there last time we're not all that bothered by it, and as we are not doing sea world we decided that not to do bush gardens (we will visit it one day). That just left Universal and Disney both of which were must do's.

Ok so with tickets all sorted it was now time for the fun bits deciding what we were going to be doing so we decided that as we were out there in November we were going to do MVMCP and so booked that for the 16th which is our last disney day. We then booked a couple of ADR's one for our first day for dinner at the Sci-fi dine in theatre at Hollywood Studios and another for lunch at Crystals Palace the afternoon of MVMCP. We were going to book one for Epcot but as the food and wine festival will be there the same day so we figured we would snack with bits and bobs as the afternoon went on we also have one booked for Planet Hollywood as we enjoyed it last time (it was the only time I had a burger for the whole holiday last time we were there). We will probably go to the Nascar Grill and Hard Rock Cafe as well as several places outside the parks the first of which will be IHOP.

Obviously there are a list of rides we are going to go on unfortunately we would be here all day if I were to list them all, so I'll just say the same as what I told DH as long as we go on BTMR, Space Mountain and The Mummy I will be happy.

So with 70ish Days to go we can't wait hopefully we will be able to keep up with our first trip report and we can see how it goes, see you when we get back.

Edited at 03:47 PM.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Here are a few pictures from our Honeymoon last year.

We are counting down the days. Its going to be great.
akhurstf1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

As we are less than 30 days away it is time for FastPass+ bookings to take place. I found it a real struggle to be awake at 5am this morning but I did it and very happy with what we have booked.

Cannot believe in 4 weeks time we will be in Florida. We have received all our final travel information from Thomas Cook so I think everything is all ready.

FastPass +

5th November - Disney Hollywood Studios - Star Tours, Toy Story and Little Mermaid.

7th November - Magic Kingdom - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Buzz Lightyear and Haunted Mansion (Will try and book 7DMT if available on the day)

8th November - Epcot - Soarin', Spaceship Earth and Nemo and Friends.

Edited at 07:19 AM.
Old 8 Oct 14, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Hi, we stayed at the Clarion Inn a few years back (we were there over Thanksgiving so it was a similar time of year to when you go) and we walked to DTD and then caught a bus to a resort and then another bus to the parks from there. Even better, would be to walk all the way to Saratoga Springs and just get the bus from there
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 14, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
Hi, we stayed at the Clarion Inn a few years back (we were there over Thanksgiving so it was a similar time of year to when you go) and we walked to DTD and then caught a bus to a resort and then another bus to the parks from there. Even better, would be to walk all the way to Saratoga Springs and just get the bus from there
Did you ever use the shuttles from the hotels? I am just wondering how long it might take to get to the ticket and transportation centre.
Old 26 Apr 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Going to start reading this now (Dibbstalking you...)

Wonder if we were both at MVMCP the same night in the end?!

By the way - might be worth looking back on Photobucket, think they made the photos available again up to a certain number. I chose to take all mine down and uploaded them direct to the Dibb in my trippies instead.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Going to start reading this now (Dibbstalking you...)

Wonder if we were both at MVMCP the same night in the end?!

By the way - might be worth looking back on Photobucket, think they made the photos available again up to a certain number. I chose to take all mine down and uploaded them direct to the Dibb in my trippies instead.
We never did actually finish writing this trip report. Can't believe this was nearly 5 years ago. I think we got too distracted by booking and planning the next one

According to the videos I took on my phone, we went to MVMCP on the 17th November.
Old 26 Apr 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Ah, we had gone home then. We were there first two weeks of November.

Not been back since, London rent is too much of our income!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List