Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Florida in January?

Was discussing the fact we are not going to Florida next year with DH & that I would love to go for New Year when DH said "well see what you can find?"
Had a look in their sale & we could go for New Year (on my bucket list) & there are some flights that are affordable. Whats odd is that its £300 cheaper to go for 12 night than it is for 9!
Anyway, thinking about booking but wondered about the weather?
We dont do parks so if the weather was bad, what would we do with ourselves for 11 days if it was cold?
Can anyone give me some idea of weather, is it freezing, warm enough to sunbathe?
TIA
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
It would only be odd if that included a hotel. The flight is the same regardless... but for instance would be more expensive to fly on a Saturday and cheaper to fly on a Tuesday. Simple supply and demand maths really.

Weather is unpredictable, there is often what they describe as 'cold snaps' at that time of year but they only usually last 2 or 3 days when you might want to wear full length trousers and a jacket.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

It’ll be the flight that’s making that cheaper. The further you come back into January, the cheaper the flight will be. The first week or so in January will be peak time and expensive. After that and it will be alot cheaper, especially if you come back after the 11th/12th. It might even be cheaper for you to do 14 nights.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Following this as we are thinking of going in january I would like it warm enough to swim and sunbath even if it's just for a couple of hours a day
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post

We went end Jan / early Feb this year. My research indicated that it really is hard to predict weather at this time, some years it is warm and some it is cold.

Our first week was not cold, but it was cool and definitely not sun bathing and swimming weather. We actually liked it being cool as it makes park days easier. The second week, into February was warmer and people were at the pools.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

I went over New Years 2017/2018 and it was absolutely freezing which was a big shock. It was full on jacket, gloves, scarf weather and certain days were the same (and a few times even colder) than the temperature in London!

From what I understand that was a very unusual year but I'd guess sunbathing would definitely be off the cards! Feel free to check out my trip report (link in sig - "Soraia goes solo") to get an idea of the weather.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

It could be either freezing with a light morning frost or hot & definite sunbathing/cooling off in the pool weather or both in January!

We’ve been at Christmas/New Year for 5-6 years & had some holidays where we wore shorts & T’s every day all day; never took my light cardi out of the case, not even needed at night; other trips we’ve had days where it’s been cool enough for light trousers & a sweater.

January & February can be very variable & unpredictable.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We went Christmas 2004 and stayed for New Years and it was freezing cold! We had to go and buy winter clothes! We spoke to my Nan in Xmas day and it warmer in Southend than it was in Florida. It poured with rain all Christmas Day too! It snowed in other places in Florida that year too (only a dusting but still made national news out there!)
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We were out there Xmas 2003 and we had frost on the car. We did mickeys Christmas party wrapped up in jumpers and Santa hats.

During the day we wore shorts and T-shirt’s but mornings and evenings were cold.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

I went at the very end of December 2016 through till around 12th of jan 2017. There were around 3 colder days where temps were around 16 degrees but most days it was around the 25 degree mark.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List