Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

May vs Oct?

So having mainly been in October apart from one trip where we went march/april including easter.

Who can tell me what May is like? Flights seem to be reasonable so considering next May as an option. It will include the week of half term.

Is it any busier or warmer in May?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Hi, i have been once in May and it was much hotter and rained lots so i much prefer October...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have been once in May. I remember it being quite nice. Hardly any rain. I’m going in Oct this year, never been before so hoping it’s good.
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I have had trips in both May and October, I would say that May is warmer and dryer than October. Crowd levels were much the same. I much prefer the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot than Food and Wine (its not quite as busy, still a decent amount of food carts and the added impact of the flower displays).

The big downside of May is that any new attractions don't tend to open until later in the year (where as they are normally open by October).
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I love May, we found the weather comparable to October, maybe not as humid (as it can be if you coincide with a hurricane or tropical storm in October).

October is becoming very busy due to the success of all the special events at that time, we find early May quieter.

If it wasn't for Halloween we would always go in May.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've been in May and October and both were great! We usually go in October for Halloween Horror Nights.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We have been in both May and October, weather-wise we have been lucky with hot dry days. We love October because of Halloween and food and wine - but the mornings and evenings are dark when waking at 7am-ish and for eating outside on an evening
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Both times are great didn't find much difference in the crowds at Disney between October and May half term. Weather was warmer in May but we had heavy rain showers in May ended quickly though and the rain was warm kids found it funny loved the warm rain. We are going In May half term again as worked out cheaper than October.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We've been in May and October, and enjoyed both, but prefer May. And on both our October trips we had visits from hurricanes!
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone. We do love Halloween but the flights are reasonable in May at the moment. May hold out and see whats released in December for October
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List