Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sannyysan
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Oh no I really feel for you, you had your flight cancelled too didn’t you? What a whole load of hassle.

What you’ve just had done to you is what I fear will happen to me, as I wrote a little while ago, I actually phoned Hilton Universal from the UK and the front desk told me the booking was fine and sent me confirmation, but I don’t think the front desk have access to the accounts and whether it’s been paid or will be expected when we check in, from Amoma or whoever. They won’t get it! I’m only wondering if, as it’s a big corporation, that they insist on payment upfront, but if Loews haven’t been paid then this is probably wrong.

Good luck in getting your money back and finding something else.
Thank you, hope you have a lovely 50th birthday and all is okay for your booking too!

Yes BA caused a drama too but in the grand scheme of things it’s not the end of the world 🥰

1998,1999,2000,2004,2006,2008,2009,2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 2019 Holidays with the Mouse!
sannyysan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

My hotel has emailed to say to keep checking. I feel that by the end of next week most will be cancelled for non payment.
I have preemptively booked another hotel for my dates in Faro with pay later and free cancellation before it goes up further.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dave View Post
My hotel has emailed to say to keep checking. I feel that by the end of next week most will be cancelled for non payment.
I have preemptively booked another hotel for my dates in Faro with pay later and free cancellation before it goes up further.
Hi Dave, that’s a good idea, I might do that too, as I don’t feel that the people at the hotel I’ve spoken too actually grasp what I’m talking about! Where is the best place to look for pay later with free cancellation, Expedia?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Hi Dave, that’s a good idea, I might do that too, as I don’t feel that the people at the hotel I’ve spoken too actually grasp what I’m talking about! Where is the best place to look for pay later with free cancellation, Expedia?
We used booking.com as it was the cheapest.
Try HotelsCombined.com or trivago for comparisons.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

UPDATE!

After two online chats, one tweet, 5 emails to two different email addresses, a phone call and an email back from the Front Desk Manager which ALL confirmed every time that my booking was fine and would not be cancelled, I’ve just logged onto my reservation to find my two rooms CANCELLED!

Fuming! If they had looked into it properly on Friday when I notified them I could have booked cabana bay, that’s now sold out. The Hilton are also sold out so unlikely they will offer my rooms back to me, not sure I want to stay there now anyway, although I was looking forward to the cookie 🙄

So, please please don’t believe the hotel if they say your booking is fine, keep checking, they even had my email address linked to the booking and didn’t notify me, I found out myself.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jezzebell
Imagineer

jezzebell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

As an update to ours..we arrived at Hard Rock this morning and our room was also cancelled. They said they had received an email on friday night to state it was cancelled but they never actually received a reservation from Amoma in the first place! This was originally booked in April.

Luckily they had rooms available and we were able to rebook online (took far longer than it should as we couldnt get a signal) it has cost around £250 more than we originally paid but hopefully we can claim that back from the credit card/insurance
jezzebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sannyysan
Getting Excited

Mobile

UPDATE!

After two online chats, one tweet, 5 emails to two different email addresses, a phone call and an email back from the Front Desk Manager which ALL confirmed every time that my booking was fine and would not be cancelled, I’ve just logged onto my reservation to find my two rooms CANCELLED!

Fuming! If they had looked into it properly on Friday when I notified them I could have booked cabana bay, that’s now sold out. The Hilton are also sold out so unlikely they will offer my rooms back to me, not sure I want to stay there now anyway, although I was looking forward to the cookie 🙄

So, please please don’t believe the hotel if they say your booking is fine, keep checking, they even had my email address linked to the booking and didn’t notify me, I found out myself.
So sorry to hear this! I found out that a third party company in Dubai had sent the cancellation to Cabana Bay on Friday too!

As awful as it sounds what on earth have they done with all the money received? They’re probably sunning themselves in a lovely holiday home somewhere exotic and will set up again under another name 😰

1998,1999,2000,2004,2006,2008,2009,2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 2019 Holidays with the Mouse!
sannyysan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sannyysan View Post
So sorry to hear this! I found out that a third party company in Dubai had sent the cancellation to Cabana Bay on Friday too!

As awful as it sounds what on earth have they done with all the money received? They’re probably sunning themselves in a lovely holiday home somewhere exotic and will set up again under another name 😰
So annoying isn’t it, that they have our money and have basically done a runner! Read on MSE last night that there could be trouble claiming from credit card due to their being another party involved, i.e., the supplier, but I’ve lodged my claim with Halifax, and for consequential loss for the difference of cancelled booking and new booking, fingers crossed!

I’m also annoyed with Hilton, they have almost treated me with contempt, no explanation, no apology, no offer of help to rebook, just ‘you’ve been cancelled’, despite telling me for five days everything was fine , and I’ve now found out they received cancellation of the room on Saturday!

Hope you’re all sorted and enjoying your holiday.

Old 18 Sep 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

UPDATE!

Sorry to hear. Hope you get sorted with another hotel soon.
I will be checking again at the end of the week with mine but I’d be surprised if it’s confirmed.
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dave View Post
Sorry to hear. Hope you get sorted with another hotel soon.
I will be checking again at the end of the week with mine but I’d be surprised if it’s confirmed.
Thanks Dave, I did end up booking back at the Hilton simply because of the excessive cost all the Loews hotels wanted, the cheaper ones were sold out, so without a guarantee we can recoup our original money paid to Amoma we didn’t want to break the bank! Ended up paying Hilton £150 more tho, for the same room. I have put in for consequential loss claim for the difference along with my section 75 claim to Halifax, worth a try!

Fingers crossed for you, like you I am doubtful, mine sounded all fine and dandy, but apparently they received cancellation email on Saturday, despite telling me right up until Tuesday that it was fine. Strangely they suddenly had a lot of availability again, but didn’t so much as try and help me rebook.