Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi we have used them 2/3 times and had no problems. Would also suggest you look at the possibly of staying for 1 or 2 nights and take in Niagara Falls,Niagara on the lake, Toronto and Toronto zoo. We have done this and there is usually no extra cost for the flight as you are taking a later connection .
Thinking of this. Did you hire a car? If we didn’t is it an easy place to move about with public transport/Uber? I assume trip to the falls will be plentiful
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Thinking of this. Did you hire a car? If we didn’t is it an easy place to move about with public transport/Uber? I assume trip to the falls will be plentiful
Regarding Niagara: We did Niagara as an excursion booked through Virgin holidays but I know of others who have hired a car for a day and did it one day, or stayed there overnight. There are companies like Greyhound (similar to National express in the UK) who also do coaches there. I wouldn't have thought Uber would be particularly cost effective, it's about a 90 minute drive away.

Talking about Toronto generally though, everywhere is pretty walkable or you can get there on public transport. There is the UP express train that goes between the airport and the city centre in 25 minutes approx and was cheaper for us (4 adults) than a taxi. Lots of luggage stores as well. We stayed at the Fairmont Royal hotel which was directly opposite the train station. I would recommend stopping by for a few days if you can.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
Regarding Niagara: We did Niagara as an excursion booked through Virgin holidays but I know of others who have hired a car for a day and did it one day, or stayed there overnight. There are companies like Greyhound (similar to National express in the UK) who also do coaches there. I wouldn't have thought Uber would be particularly cost effective, it's about a 90 minute drive away.

Talking about Toronto generally though, everywhere is pretty walkable or you can get there on public transport. There is the UP express train that goes between the airport and the city centre in 25 minutes approx and was cheaper for us (4 adults) than a taxi. Lots of luggage stores as well. We stayed at the Fairmont Royal hotel which was directly opposite the train station. I would recommend stopping by for a few days if you can.
There are three options to get downtown from YYZ

Taxi - about $100+
UP express - $13 each (or family max 2 adults for $26)
TTC (normal public transport) - $3 each (about a dollar for under 12s)

The TTC takes longer but the route on the bus to Kipling station is quite good and from there you can get to anywhere in the city quickly

Fairmont is a lovely (if getting tired) hotel, the old lady of Toronto. When I worked in Toronto the company had an account there (office on in the TD towers) and so any night I worked late I just ambled over there and got a room on the company - spent far too many nights in that place
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wreckitralph15 View Post
Has anyone flown with them?
If so what was your experience like?
We have booked to fly man-Toronto-Mco for next Aug.

I can change the flights over once virgin dates come out. so we are trying to get as much info on them as we can. Obviously the Virgin flights will be more $$$$
We love flying Air Canada. Done it a number of times. Would recommend.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

To the OP

Air Canada only fly their Rouge service from MCR which is essentially like Easy Jet long haul.

If you want full thrills Air Canada you need to go to LHR or LGW.

That said rouge is fine if you prep in advance and download films to your tablet (or connect to their streaming service). Problem is you need one decide per passenger as their is no seat back screen

There is food on the flight but honestly having travelled many times with AC I'd recommend a boots meal deal every time (Rouge or Full AC)
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
To the OP

Air Canada only fly their Rouge service from MCR which is essentially like Easy Jet long haul.

If you want full thrills Air Canada you need to go to LHR or LGW.

That said rouge is fine if you prep in advance and download films to your tablet (or connect to their streaming service). Problem is you need one decide per passenger as their is no seat back screen

There is food on the flight but honestly having travelled many times with AC I'd recommend a boots meal deal every time (Rouge or Full AC)
AC (full) are my third favourite airline even with the points mentioned - the other two (Emirates and Singapore) don't fly to the US (well not sensibly) anyway so going west AC is my airline of choice - although Virgin is a good second