Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

taking daughters friend

how what do I need o know if I take my daughters 16 year old friend
does she need her own insurance or can she go on our family one
can she come through immigration with us
do I need a letter from her mum
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ShenzyT
VIP Dibber

We're taking my daughters friend aswell this October... can't wait, she so excited... can't wait to see her face when we get there.
I couldn't get her added onto our Insurance, her parents are organising her own Insurance... my only problem with it (and we'll have to check it out) is if something happens and she ends up in hospital and doesn't get home, someone will have to stay with her, so not sure how that would work... (my sis is a US citizen aswell, and has many friends in Orlando, so the likelihood is she would end up staying if anything happened).
We're also getting a letter of authorisation from her parents saying that we have their permission to take her to Orlando etc...etc... I'm also putting on the letter contact details for her parents. I've got a copy of their passports, marriage certificate, driving licenses, and they're also going to state on the letter that we have permission to authorise any medical treatment.
We're maybe being a wee bit overkill but I'd rather have too much info than not enough.
We were planning on taking her through immigration with us aswell. Fingers crossed it'll all go smoothly
xx
Nov 1998 - Quality Inn, Oct 1999 - AS Movies, Nov 2008 - AS Music, Sept 2009 - CBR, Oct 2010 - PORS, Oct 2012 - SSR, Oct 2014 - Emerald Island Resort, Oct 2015 - OKW, Oct 2016 - CBR, Oct 2017 - SSR, Oct 2018 - CBR & HGVCSW, Oct 2019 - AKL, Dec 2021 - Windsor Hills Resort, July 2022 - West Coast & DLC, July 2023 - PORS & Merritt Island
ShenzyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
We're taking my daughters friend aswell this October... can't wait, she so excited... can't wait to see her face when we get there.
I couldn't get her added onto our Insurance, her parents are organising her own Insurance... my only problem with it (and we'll have to check it out) is if something happens and she ends up in hospital and doesn't get home, someone will have to stay with her, so not sure how that would work... (my sis is a US citizen aswell, and has many friends in Orlando, so the likelihood is she would end up staying if anything happened).
We're also getting a letter of authorisation from her parents saying that we have their permission to take her to Orlando etc...etc... I'm also putting on the letter contact details for her parents. I've got a copy of their passports, marriage certificate, driving licenses, and they're also going to state on the letter that we have permission to authorise any medical treatment.
We're maybe being a wee bit overkill but I'd rather have too much info than not enough.
We were planning on taking her through immigration with us aswell. Fingers crossed it'll all go smoothly
xx
thanks for the advice we have just told her and her face was a picture we have just booked flights but not travel insurance yet so hopefully we can put her on
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
For the love of god don’t. Girls can be best friends one week and not talking the next. We took one of our daughter friends with us once and only once. They fell out about a month before we left but patched it up a little before we went. The holiday was hard work as the friend was doing things that was not what we would do ( phoning her boyfriend very late at night keeping us all awake) the hardest thing is you carnt tell off someone else child as you would your own. Going to Florida is expensive don’t put your holiday at risk for someone else.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Letter of consent from parents
mumsnet/pdf/recommen...ing-abroad.pdf
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dave View Post
That is very useful link, thanks 👍🏻

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
thanks for the advice we have just told her and her face was a picture we have just booked flights but not travel insurance yet so hopefully we can put her on
You can't add her to a family Insurancr policy (hint is in the name). However you could take out a group policy which is essentially family insurance for non-families.

If you can't do this (for instance if you already have a family policy and it covers pre-existing conditions) then when the other family takes out insurance for their daughter make sure it is very comprehensive in terms of repatriation and support (or get a "couple" policy and add one of your adults to it so they would be covered to stay with her - couple in this case means two people travelling together and not the romantic meaning of couple)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by dave View Post
thank you this is great
Old 16 Sep 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ShenzyT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
Awh bless - she'll be so excited.
We started planning to take my daughters friend 2 years ago. Both our families have sat down numerous times with the girls and spoke to them about going, falling out, making sure they absolutely want to do this. The last time we all sat and spoke was a few weeks ago before the final balance was due.
Now they're all so excited...…they're going to get the nails done and hair done lol.
Nov 1998 - Quality Inn, Oct 1999 - AS Movies, Nov 2008 - AS Music, Sept 2009 - CBR, Oct 2010 - PORS, Oct 2012 - SSR, Oct 2014 - Emerald Island Resort, Oct 2015 - OKW, Oct 2016 - CBR, Oct 2017 - SSR, Oct 2018 - CBR & HGVCSW, Oct 2019 - AKL, Dec 2021 - Windsor Hills Resort, July 2022 - West Coast & DLC, July 2023 - PORS & Merritt Island
ShenzyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List