Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
If Brexit is cancelled we will see the pound rally against the dollar. Some experts ( 😀 ) suggest a return to $1.50+

A no-deal Brexit will see the pound fall to around $1.10 or even lower

An exit with a deal should see the currency rising a bit
The fact that you state “if Brexit is cancelled” is probably a good gauge of the accuracy of your post.

Do you think that a no deal Brexit would lead to a permanent low pound or do you think as the trade deals come it would rise ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
I’d agree with this, although the latter point will depend on the agreed deal (which doesn’t look great at the moment so I’d say it would lead to another fall).
Yes just imagine if the pound drops and it makes a few people’s holidays too expensive, just imagine how it would screw up our economy if all the money spend on foreign holidays was spent in the UK 🇬🇧
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Yep and the ice packs will melt overnight, the sun will never rise, but the waters receded. Cities fall, but they are rebuilt. And heroes die, but they are remembered,
But unless some pulls their finger out we will never know, once we were great Briton lately we have been the Y-uk with Boris "the baf-foon" Johnson, or Trump's puppet, at the helm. Yes, just in case your not sure I voted out 👍
The OP was asking about exchange rates..not

Ice packs

Sun

Waters

Cities

Heroes

Strange rely but hey ho

Disney332
Old 14 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
The OP was asking about exchange rates..not

Ice packs

Sun

Waters

Cities

Heroes

Strange rely but hey ho

Disney332
But some of the answers were as daft as ice packs, sun etc...
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
But some of the answers were as daft as ice packs, sun etc...
And i thought the sarcasim was being missed.
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Mobile

If we crash out with No Deal the pound will drop (a lot). If we leave with a deal it might rally a bit. If we ask the EU for an extension, it'll continue to slowly drop. If we revoke article 50, it'll rally but I very much doubt you'll see 1.50. General election would likely have a poor effect on the Fx. 2nd referendum announcent - ditto. We're booked to head back in February and I have my holiday cash already as it seemed the sensible lowest risk option.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
The money markets hate doubt. BE it inflation, prime ministerial stupidity, unemployment, and Brexit. They have devalued the pound and should any stability be offered to this country then we may see a rise again. In the meantime …

Who knows, but a couple of extra cents to the Ł this week.
As with all Dibb advice - buy when you feel as if you are content - then never look again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Not really. It was widely predicted that the pound would slump if we voted to leave the EU - which it did! And it’s widely known that the currency will recover if we get a good deal or not leave at all
Many people predict all sorts of things. Some will always be right - but they are lucky and don't have a clue. If they did they would be mega rich. And they aren't.
And there ate big ifs in there. Unless you kn wi the answer then it is just random.
No one has a clue what will happen.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I guarantee that should brexit happen, the rate of ex on day 1 will be better or worse than it is today.

I would put money on it

Disney332
But it might also be the same
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Nobody knows. At all.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List