Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I think it is an expensive holiday
However, if you compare it to 2 weeks all inclusive in any long haul location its still good value.
We did 10 nights in st Lucia last year and that was over 4k flying PE, we had the choice of about 5 resurants and a couple of shows, and when I compare that WDW it wins hands down!
With the DDP you have so many choices of resurants, entertainment, rides, Fireworks, shopping, photos from meet and greats etc.
So will I stil go yes it might mean we wil be saving up a bit harder but with all the new stuff on the way I couldn't not go back😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Disney are slowly pricing themselves out of the market for sure. No Disney for us in 7 weeks time. We've just bought the Orlando Flexticket combo (so we get the 2 Universal parks, Volcano Bay, Aquatica, SeaWorld & Busch Gardens. That, along with rest days / afternoons / shopping etc will keep us going just fine for 13 days.

To add on a Disney 14 day ultimate ticket each would have doubled our ticket costs. We won't touch Magic Kingdom (it's our idea of Hell on earth). Would have done the other 3 parks for part-days + Typhoon Lagoon - but cannot justify the extra cost.

A Disney-free visit beckons in under 7 weeks (bar Disney Springs, which we will visit).
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If onsite bookings are down that doesn’t have to mean the parks will be quiet just perhaps people are looking at alternatives offsite instead. It would be interesting if villa owners posted and agreed that bookings are down . Let’s see universal prices once the new park opens.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
If onsite bookings are down that doesn’t have to mean the parks will be quiet just perhaps people are looking at alternatives offsite instead.
The parks are full of people with Florida residents passes. Epcot at weekends is rammed with locals. They are now pushing these passes up in price significantly too.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We are certainly priced out of onsite now. Next trip the only park visit will be MNSSHP. There’s still loads to do, but little Disney from now on.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by rpmonag View Post
Just searched through old emails and scary that we paid £1350 for 14 day WDW tickets in 2013 (first year we took the kids) and have just paid £2145 for July 2020. Also seem to remember that a POR Standard Room was £170 per night back in 2015, equivalent 2020 price is £233. There does come a point where the year on year increases are too much for a lot of folk and maybe that time is coming soon.

It's not gone up that much really.

In 2013 the AV dollar rate was 1.56
In brexit 2019 it's 1.27

Your 1350 was 2100 dollars
Your 2145 is 2700 dollars

Thats an increase of 85 dollars a year which is an increase each year of 4%, which is only slightly higher than the actual inflation rate over the period

What you put down to being greedy is actually as a result of the pound being worth absolutely nothing in the current economic climate
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Last trip for us as well on-site. Three previous visits since 2012 but cost and kids growing up mean this is the last hurrah next year.
Gone are the days you could book SSR with DDP and cheap flights for a family of four all for around 5-6k.
And it’s not just Disney - pricing up Universal tickets and they’re not cheap either.
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

I think a lot of people are used to Florida holidays being affordable for the last 10-12 years.

I remember in school you would find one or 2 in class who had been to Florida as in the early 90’s it was a trip of a life time.

In the early 2000’s when it was 2$ to the £ most people and budgets suited the holiday. People would be getting return flights for £180 return (ahhh those were the days)

Years ago you really could live like royalty for 2 weeks and wouldn’t even look at money as it was never a issue.

The last couple of years everything is being questioned 25 dollars to park (£22) a day. Drinks foods and all the extras you wouldn’t question now you seem to look and see can we afford it.

Don’t get me wrong their is no place on earth like Disney world,I’ve travelled a fair bit and understand the emotional pull and the need to recreate the magic which cannot be recreated in most destinations. But let’s be honest hard working family’s are being priced out and it’s becoming too expensive for many. Disney want the parks quiet with a high paying cliental.

I don’t ever think that was Walt’s dream

Edited at 06:35 AM.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It's not gone up that much really.

In 2013 the AV dollar rate was 1.56
In brexit 2019 it's 1.27

Your 1350 was 2100 dollars
Your 2145 is 2700 dollars

Thats an increase of 85 dollars a year which is an increase each year of 4%, which is only slightly higher than the actual inflation rate over the period

What you put down to being greedy is actually as a result of the pound being worth absolutely nothing in the current economic climate
Its a valid point but maybe I’m on my own with this view but the park just seems more and more like a business model. Don’t get me wrong it’s their to make money but all the little things that they could exploit they have.

No more early breakfasts where kids could skip down a empty Main Street. People staying on site not getting as many extra hours due to tickets separate events.

Reducing ride carriages when quiet, no more quiet times as we don’t have the people so queue like everyone else.

Not seeing as many photo pass photographers even though this has automatically added to tickets

My main gripe is the mde app, it’s far easier than the traditional system but you look round the park some days and it’s full of people with their heads on the phones. In queues people constantly on the phones looking for fast pass cancellations.

For some people it’s costing the cost of the holiday they once have just for Disney admission.

They may have some new protesters down at Westminster if the exchange rate carries on with brexit, can see some angry dibbers on tv with the flags your stealing our Disney holiday lol

Edited at 06:38 AM.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

We have seen the dilution of magic at disney for years now, everything costs money and having to plan 6 months out is no holiday for us, it is better holiday to wake up and decide what you want to do on the day, I shouldn't have to know what I'm doing 180/60/30 days from now. Universal is a much better place, staff members seem happy and cheerful, much like disney staff a few years ago.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List