Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile The One That Was Supposed to Have Been DLP - Nov 2019 - Pre Trip Report

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for a few years now, generally spent lurking or asking the odd question. I am addicted to reading people's trip reports and find them so helpful, so I've decided to attempt to do my own this year!

Cast
Me (Becky) - 25. Loves all things Disney & Harry Potter, chief holiday planner, 6th visit to Orlando, have visited Disneyland California once before and Disneyland Paris 6 times.

Josh - 24. Fellow Harry Potter fan, loves Disney just as much as I do, first visit to Orlando but has been to Disneyland Paris 5 times

Background
So as suggested in the title of this trip report, this holiday was originally supposed to be a trip to DLP. We had only been together a few months at this point and thought Disney would be perfect as our first holiday together.
A throwaway comment from me pointing out that Florida doesn't actually work out much more expensive than Florida led to Josh deciding that would in fact book Florida instead..
So in September 2018 we booked a package with Thomas Cook for November 2019.
Of course this was much too far away for us and so we did actually also book a quick trip to Disneyland Paris in December 18. We had such a great time that earlier this year we bought ourselves annual passes and have been lucky enough to go twice this year already, with another 2 trips booked before we even go to Florida 😅

The Plan
16th November - 30th November
Flying from Manchester with TC staying at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando.

I have stayed here before and love this hotel for the location on I Drive. We will not be hiring a car and will be relying on the hotel shuttle and uber/lyft to get around.

Because we will not be driving and thought the cost of taxis to and from Disney will mount up we have decided to book 3 nights at Disneys All Star Sports Resort from the 19th November.

As it is Josh's first time I think it will be nice to have a few days in the Disney bubble and allows us to book Fast Passes 60 days out. I've never stayed in a value Disney resort before but we plan on spending as much as these 4 days out and about in the parks as possible, so the hotel is just a place for us to lay our heads.

The plan is to focus mainly on Universal this trip and so we are only going to do 4 days at Disney - 1 for each main park.

We have purchased annual passes for Universal as we have now booked September 2020 with my parents.
We plan to have a day in Busch Gardens and are both keen to do some shopping & hit the black Friday sales.

Right now we are 102 days out so I'm starting to plan our days out and decide which rides to FP.

Thanks for reading, will update with an itinerary later on 🙂