Notices

Old 28 Jun 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

does anyone know when the waterpark is due to open? it isn't listed as due on 4th like theme park and golf so it makes me think it won't be
Old 28 Jun 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
does anyone know when the waterpark is due to open? it isn't listed as due on 4th like theme park and golf so it makes me think it won't be
I don’t think it’ll be any time soon as all other leisure centres haven’t had a reopening date yet unfortunately
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Swimming pools don't know when they'll be allowed to open yet. I suspect that also goes for waterparks (certainly indoor ones, anyway).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

They have a provisional date of 18th July for the waterpark with very restricted numbers. You can book online now.
We have booked for the 20th July. May get cancelled but we can get a refund if it does.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
They have a provisional date of 18th July for the waterpark with very restricted numbers. You can book online now.
We have booked for the 20th July. May get cancelled but we can get a refund if it does.
They just emailed me and said they don’t know when they’re opening which is a shame as with a lot of rides closed for our stay I feel we may be bored by the afternoon.
I checked their site and all dates are greyed out so can no longer book

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Old 9 Jul 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
They just emailed me and said they don’t know when they’re opening which is a shame as with a lot of rides closed for our stay I feel we may be bored by the afternoon.
I checked their site and all dates are greyed out so can no longer book
Yes, I checked yesterday and it says closed completely now. I knew it was 50/50 chance when we booked. We are camping nearby so not a big issue. Will just do something else.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes, I checked yesterday and it says closed completely now. I knew it was 50/50 chance when we booked. We are camping nearby so not a big issue. Will just do something else.
It’s a shame though considering they reckon chlorine has a big impact on Covid 19
Old 9 Jul 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I was just being "helpful" in mentioning that Alton Towers was already open - including the theme park. Of course, you can't go on any rides at the moment but you can walk around the theme park and watch them testing the rides. And also walk around the gardens in the middle of the theme park too.
It could be argued that Alton Towers is not a theme park (what is the theme?) but just an amusement park.

At least that's what it feels to me
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
It’s a shame though considering they reckon chlorine has a big impact on Covid 19
I know, I think it’s the changing rooms that are the problem. But a lot of people could get changed back in their hotel room.
Then they could have times sessions say and separate the changing rooms so they could be cleaned in between. Wear your swimwear underneath clothes before your arrive.

As for the theme park, it is sectioned into different themes. CBeebies, forbidden forest etc. Can’t remember the others!
Old 9 Jul 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I know, I think it’s the changing rooms that are the problem. But a lot of people could get changed back in their hotel room.
Then they could have times sessions say and separate the changing rooms so they could be cleaned in between. Wear your swimwear underneath clothes before your arrive.

As for the theme park, it is sectioned into different themes. CBeebies, forbidden forest etc. Can’t remember the others!
Yeah , that would make sense . We always go back to our room to shower and change anyway when we go.
Other sections are X sector, gloomy wood , mutiny bay and forbidden valley