Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 10 Jul 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Center Parcs

Is anyone booked to go to Center parcs within the next month or so?
I am struggling to decide whether to move our booking at the moment, with the new restrictions on later arrival/earlier check out and not being able to use the pool every day I feel it may leave the overall experience a little flat.

Just wondered what others where doing with their bookings.
Old 10 Jul 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We were going to go, but pulled out.

The freedom to swim when we want (prebooking 2x 2hour slots per break is not us), to eat out every night without necessarily having to book in advance (all restaurants must be prebooked), to turn up at 10am (nope... 2pm at earliest) and wander round looking in the shops (mostly shut) with a lazy lunch at the pancake house (must be prebooked). Then off to a villa with daily maid service (nope), less choice of prebooked packs to the villa etc. etc.

And similar on leaving - 9am check out (9am!) Park must be vacated by ALL guests by mid day - no last minute swim followed by a lazy lunch and a wander round the sweet shop before heading home mid afternoon with an ice cream.

So not for us right now. Maybe next year.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
We were going to go, but pulled out.

The freedom to swim when we want (prebooking 2x 2hour slots per break is not us), to eat out every night without necessarily having to book in advance (all restaurants must be prebooked), to turn up at 10am (nope... 2pm at earliest) and wander round looking in the shops (mostly shut) with a lazy lunch at the pancake house (must be prebooked). Then off to a villa with daily maid service (nope), less choice of prebooked packs to the villa etc. etc.

And similar on leaving - 9am check out (9am!) Park must be vacated by ALL guests by mid day - no last minute swim followed by a lazy lunch and a wander round the sweet shop before heading home mid afternoon with an ice cream.

So not for us right now. Maybe next year.
Was it an easy process to just get the refund? I was thinking about moving the break till next year but really not sure what to do.
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We are booked to go next month... Really unsure what to do as when I looked up other UK holidays I struggled to find anything else... Would love to get away but will definitely be a different experience and not sure how ASD DS will cope...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Was it an easy process to just get the refund? I was thinking about moving the break till next year but really not sure what to do.
Was very easy, we just cancelled and they sorted out a refund quickly. I think because it was enough of a change to make it not the same holiday. Good luck!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are not going, we were due to go in just over a week but with the pool closed for the few 2 weeks, that was the deal breaker. Didn’t realise that once the pool opens, there were time slots to book. I’ve missed that one😊
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
We are not going, we were due to go in just over a week but with the pool closed for the few 2 weeks, that was the deal breaker. Didn’t realise that once the pool opens, there were time slots to book. I’ve missed that one😊
Yes so if you are there Mon-Fri you can only swim on 2 days. Did you email to cancel as I am not to sure how to contact them with the call centers closed.
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going in october if these restrictions are still in place we are cancelling
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Yes so if you are there Mon-Fri you can only swim on 2 days. Did you email to cancel as I am not to sure how to contact them with the call centers closed.
I used email and someone rang me (took a couple of days). Was 3/4 weeks ago now, but all went smoothly.
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We are books for 1st week in Sept. Not accessing the pool isn't a deal breaker for us as have teenagers who prefer other activities. Main thing for us is late get in. Will keep an eye on how things develop and decide closer to the time.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List