Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 4 Aug 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Behappy View Post
This is great. I managed to book all we wanted for our break on the 17th. I did log in and book at 1:15am though when it opened! It almost gave the feeling of ADRs and fast pass booking... almost!

I didn’t bother with the bowling as at £48 odd for an hour, and just the two of us, it seemed a bit steep. Also with the government saying bowling can’t open, not sure how they will run it?

Only thing we didn’t get booked was the quad bikes, but I’m guessing that may be because of the helmets and not being able to sanitise them properly after each use 🤷

Have a fabulous time when it comes.
We have booked bowling, but went for the 45 minute session which was £34. Steep, I know, but hey when you’re on holiday... it’s also worth saying there was only one family above to book per session

I am expecting they may need to cancel given government announcements about bowling, I wonder if they’re allowing it to be booked as the advice may yet change again! Have a good time
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
I bet she could if she just walked through wearing it. No one mentioned the towels which is why we had no idea until the second session when they specifically said it to us after our temp checks. Have you booked activities yet? x
I might just get her to wear it lol! I can't imagine them telling an elderly lady to strip off!

We don't go until the 7th Sept so can't book yet? At least I hope not? dh booked it so must remind him to keep checking! He's not as on the ball as me!
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
thanks for the feedback.
Can you just go for a drink in the Sportscafe/bars etc or do you have to book?
I didn't go into the sports cafe / bars but my husband said he could see people just in there having a drink so i'm sure you can just go in. The capacity must be managed in some way but we didn't find anything we couldn't just walk into except for the prebookable restaurants / activities / pool. We went to starbucks for lunch - we didnt book this but someone is on the door letting you know when to go in and reminding you to stand on the queue markers. Didn't wait long at all and this was at 12:30. I think they've balanced capacity really well.
I was half expecting long queues for everything but it really wasn't the case.

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I might just get her to wear it lol! I can't imagine them telling an elderly lady to strip off!

We don't go until the 7th Sept so can't book yet? At least I hope not? dh booked it so must remind him to keep checking! He's not as on the ball as me!
That's what i was thinking I'm sure they wouldn't say anything to her. Although there were rules the staff were so friendly about everything. No I dont think you can book yet. I bet things will have eased further by september x
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Catlady- We just booked our activities for week of 31st August. Bookings opened yesterday so you will probably be able to book on Monday fir 7th Sept. Keep checking for an email.
I've made some changes today and as far as I could tell everything was still available so not everything is disappearing overnight!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Catlady- We just booked our activities for week of 31st August. Bookings opened yesterday so you will probably be able to book on Monday fir 7th Sept. Keep checking for an email.
I've made some changes today and as far as I could tell everything was still available so not everything is disappearing overnight!
Thank you I just made dh check and it is Monday we can book! Glad I'm on this thread as I thought it was two weeks before! Any idea what time it opens? Gosh it will be like fast pass time!
Old 5 Aug 20, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We go to Sherwood on Friday. I like the idea of booking the pool and it being a little less busy. I also like the idea of having a changing room allocated instead of the usual drama to find one available! We never spend longer than 2 x 2 hour sessions in the pool anyway so that suits us. We also usually work on a Friday and head over as it’s only just over an hours drive so late check in also not a problem. We do not hang around on last day either as prefer to get home so none of the changes really affect the way we would usually holiday there save for the masks of course. I’m just looking forward to getting away. We have booked a few restaurants and I am a little apprehensive but comforted by the feedback on here so far.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
We go to Sherwood on Friday. I like the idea of booking the pool and it being a little less busy. I also like the idea of having a changing room allocated instead of the usual drama to find one available! We never spend longer than 2 x 2 hour sessions in the pool anyway so that suits us. We also usually work on a Friday and head over as it’s only just over an hours drive so late check in also not a problem. We do not hang around on last day either as prefer to get home so none of the changes really affect the way we would usually holiday there save for the masks of course. I’m just looking forward to getting away. We have booked a few restaurants and I am a little apprehensive but comforted by the feedback on here so far.
You'll have a great time we love Sherwood - we went to elveden but i'm sure Sherwood will be similar. So glad we went and didn't postpone
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024

Edited at 10:47 PM.
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Thank you I just made dh check and it is Monday we can book! Glad I'm on this thread as I thought it was two weeks before! Any idea what time it opens? Gosh it will be like fast pass time!

Not sure. My DH didn't tell me till he came in from work that he had an email at that was 10pm on Monday. I logged straight on and got everything we wanted including the Pancake house which is notoriously busy! Been on again today and moved a few things about. Not had any issues on availability. That's for Whinfell.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
thanks for the feedback.
Can you just go for a drink in the Sportscafe/bars etc or do you have to book?
You have to book a table and eat No just drinking that is at Longleat anyway when we were there on last weekend in July.
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
So impressed with Sherwood this weekend. Social distancing in the restaurants was fab - we had booked both meals and paid on the app. Also used the Aqua Sana and very reassured by the temp checks, masks, visors and washing hands. Only booked a week before and managed to get the swim slots and lots of activities including laser combat and segway - our favourites. Pool was great - really well organised. Whole park felt very clean and we felt very safe there - just wish I had booked for longer!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List