UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 19 Jul 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Holiday in the UK and have to suffer miserable weather like yesterday (24hrs of rain/drizzle in the North West), locals that don’t appreciate tourists and from the 24th, having to wear masks to go in a shop. No thanks - I’m off to Greece
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s hard because there’s so many places I’d love to go to the UK but let’s face it everything is better on a sunny day. It’s so expensive to travel in the UK and to then not have guaranteed weather. If you need to take shelter you usually have to spend money in some way, can’t just go for a walk or to the beach.

We booked a cottage in Wales for a weekend last year and the weather was phenomenal l, one of the best weekends of my life we had so much fun. But you just can’t guarantee it so for the price tag, it’s a risk.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Mobile

You can have a great time in the UK even without the weather
Yesterday on the Yorkshire coast

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Well it was glorious yesterday, went to a waterfall and had my first item of food (ice cream) out in public since march, we then spent evening on the veranda. Today it is bouncing down, dont care as im away from my solid 4 walls that i have stared at since March 18th. When it lets up, i"ll go for a little walk (going for a nosey really as my parents have just bought a caravan on same site as me, preowned so going to see what type previous owners have upgraded to haha) before it starts back up. Kids are not bothered, they got crazy golf planned later in week, if we get wet we get wet, i might be brave and let them go to arcade onsight (before all public can use as this has changed to Aug 1st so i wont be using, my nerves couldnt take it) and ive booked them into the pool sat and sun. They are so excited (aged 17 and 13) over this as they are competitive swimmers so not been in pool for their chlorine fix since march 15th!

Edited at 10:53 AM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It’s ironic on a site featuring Orlando with its downpours and hurricanes that someone can’t enjoy a holiday that has rain !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Florida rain and puddles are warm that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it
It’s currently chucking it down here 12 degrees actually got lights on it’s so dark and the heating on
And DH is going to be in shortly with soaking wet golf gear that will need washed
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It’s ironic on a site featuring Orlando with its downpours and hurricanes that someone can’t enjoy a holiday that has rain !
To be fair Floridian rain is very different isn't it! When we went in July it was beautiful sunshine it would just chuck it down for about half an hour mid afternoon, the rain was a light relief from the sun and dried as quickly as it came, it didn't ruin the day. Not like the UK which is grey and dreary on a rainy day. And cold!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm that someone, let's be honest, in Florida it's completely different with the downpours and then followed by sunshine(I know it can rain for longer) here though it's the not so warm rain that comes on for the day and forgets to stop for days on end. ☔
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

😂
One of our trips about 10 years ago it rained (poured!) for four days constantly bit of a bummer but LOADS to do! UK hasn't.
And the rain is cold, miserable and horrible.
As it has been here since begining of June. Got soaked and cold Saturday golf with my sons.
It's raining now! 😂
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In Tenerife now - non stop sunshine, bit warm in the afternoon but no humidity. Gorgeous sitting out for our meals on the restaurant terrace (20 degrees at 8pm).
Staying in a 5 star hotel, for not much more than some lodges had cost me in UK. We got a good deal though- Iberostar Anthelia. Food is very good, highly recommend. I’m glad we came away for sure. It’s meant to be raining (again) this week back home, just pleased not to be looking at the same 4 walls for a week and we are really glad we cancelled our UK lodges (after Bournemouth etc said it didn’t want visitors).

Edited at 02:55 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List