Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Dec 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7 days Live - Travel day Part 2

After landing and checking into our hotel we headed to Universal Studios for a couple of hours and because we had express passes we were able to go on quite a few rides before the park closed.

We left the park at around 6:30pm to beat the mad rush from people leaving the parks at once and headed to NBC sports bar and grill and it was a good idea as we were seated straight away.

We were a little bit like zombies at this point as it was a long travel day but none the less looking forward to this meal, we’ve eaten here several times before and it’s always been great.

I ordered a NBC Patty Melt which consisted of grilled cheese buns, burger, truffle onions, brisket and 1000 island sauce and oh my god it was amazing, absolutely huge but so delicious, all the ingredients went together perfectly and I could only eat half of it, it came with fries or tater tots and I chose fries, Dan doesn’t like corn bread or coleslaw so donated his to me but sadly I couldn’t eat much of it.

Dan ordered the smokehouse brisket and he loved it - he will tell you more when he comments below. He also wanted a beer but couldn’t decided so our server brought him 3 samples which was kind, he chose one of them but we’re not sure what it was called 🤔

Bill came to $43.55 before a good tip which in our books is pretty decent.

I was too full to get some voodoo doughnuts but I’m definitely getting some at some point.

Join us tomorrow for some more Universal eats from Starbucks breakfast, Three broomsticks, Hogs head, Brooke snack, more Starbucks and Cowfish ( and maybe voodoo doughnuts)
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Let the food see the belly.

After a long travel day, it felt only right to indulge. Hello NBC. It’s a great commercial sports bar and grill, which has always been consistent for us. A great opening act.

I ordered the smokehouse brisket, which I’ve had on previous visits. Well smoked and charred on the outside but literally falls apart, and is super tender. The fries are neither awesome or trash, just good average. It is all about that brisket. I can almost taste it, so good.

I was being indecisive about a beer so they brought me sizeable samples. For a busy place, this is a very gracious and personal experience. I chose the first one; a fruity light ale.

I left stuffed, and fell into a total food coma once back in the hotel. Job done.

NBC did well, 9/10: will eat there again.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List