Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

probably the people you’ve spoken to don’t have the power to make that sort of decision. Managers are hoping you’ll give up with them, as no doubt most people would do.

As mentioned throughout this thread, keep pushing up and up until you find someone who CAN make a decision and see how far they’ll go for you.

Good luck & please keep us updated. xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
😂 Thanks.
It’s Lloyd_1
Done
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you get this resolved!
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely persist, they took your money they owe you the service they charged for... at the least they need to offer a resort of the same category .. don’t accept offsite you lose all the perks of being right inside the property... free transport availability to do ADRS etc.. this is why we book direct with Disney these days in it’s less hassle if something does go wrong when you speak to Disney directly they try their hardest to provide you with an equivalent that’s equal or of better value to you (category wise). I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction soon. Don’t accept any old nonsense from VH.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

That’s awful, when did you book? It seems very late to be telling you there is no availability
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It was a last minute decision to go, so actually booked 10 days ago.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

It gets complex going after a company in these circumstances. But I certainly wouldn’t leave it there OP. There’s contracts, but also Regs such as the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs.
I’d be going in very hard on this personally.
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

To me that would seem to strengthen your case, as I’d say they should have known in that short window whether they’d have availability, and stopped selling if they had concerns.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Currently crafting an email to VH CEO Joe Thompson.
I am also due a call back from a VH service team manager, however I was prepped that ‘their hands will also be tied’, so I’m not hopeful.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
I would definitely persist, they took your money they owe you the service they charged for... at the least they need to offer a resort of the same category .. don’t accept offsite you lose all the perks of being right inside the property... free transport availability to do ADRS etc.. this is why we book direct with Disney these days in it’s less hassle if something does go wrong when you speak to Disney directly they try their hardest to provide you with an equivalent that’s equal or of better value to you (category wise). I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction soon. Don’t accept any old nonsense from VH.
True - I think you'd have got a very different response from Disney themselves if you 'd booked with them.

VH are just trying it on. They should have known 10 days ago about availability at Port Orleans. OK, so it could be a genuine mistake. But it's THEIR mistake, not yours. Your holiday is going to be very different staying off site. Keep at'em !

Edited at 12:08 PM.
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List