Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile Stick with our November trip or change it

We are due to go for two weeks at the end of November went last year and loved it with the current situation we can still go in November and hope everything is back to normal or change to the 30th of April 2021 and go for 3 weeks for an extra £400 in total. We don’t want to go in November if social distancing is still in operation also is may a good time to go I’ve checked and spring break is February to April so should miss that any advice would be appreciated 👍
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are still going November. Weighed it all up and think its the right decision.
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lorbs View Post
We are still going November. Weighed it all up and think its the right decision.
Thank you hoping it should still be ok then as Florida seems to be getting up and running pretty fast just don’t want to pay out all that money and our holiday to be ruined.
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

For £400 more for an extra week... I know what I'd do, April for sure
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
For £400 more for an extra week... I know what I'd do, April for sure
Any ideas what may is like for crowds and weather not been in may before.
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

We are due to go in November and I'm confident everything will be fine. Although for £400 extra to get 3 weeks, I must say is tempting. However, will it be crazy busy in April / May? Will it be nicer to go in November and it be (possibly) quieter in the parks and restaurants? Decisions, decisions!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

If you don't want to risk social distancing still being in place then I'd move it.Whilst I'm sure things be relaxed compared to how they are now, a complete return to normality seems unlikely within 5 months time.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I don’t think any of us can say for sure what the crowds will be like next May in particular. According to historic data they don’t look too bad (especially with Easter falling early in 2021). But equally it could be busy with a lot of people rescheduling from this year. But then again it could be quiet if the economy has tanked! So lots of factors out of our control and lots of unknowns at this point.
So what I would do is take out crowds from the equation. On the plus side you have 3 weeks so can afford a slower pace.
So that leaves social distancing. If you’re not happy to go when social distancing is in place, then I would reschedule to next year and lock in the price. Based on the fact that Disney have removed all new bookings for the end of the year, I don’t think that’s a signal that they expect social distancing to be a thing of the past come November/December and that it’s likely it will still be in force.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
FloRidaLvr
VIP Dibber

Should have gone end of April and rescheduled for November , definitely going unless F.O / Trump stops us .Will be devastated if we can't go, it's really keeping me going just now. Might go next May too , funds allowing
Florida 95 to 2006, Mexico/Belize 2007, Florida 08 to 2012, California Apr 13, Detroit/Florida April 14 , Naples Nov 14, AMI May 15 , Naples Nov 15, West Coast May 16, AMI Nov 16, Naples Nov 17 , AMI May 18, Naples Nov 18, AMI May 19 , Naples Nov 19, AMI May 22, Bonita Springs Nov 22, Bonita Springs May 23
FloRidaLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We fully intend to go in November if allowed, but we are in a different position as we dont have Disney tickets and will only have 6 days left on our annual passes for Universal (we we were only going for 2 days) so if we can't go to Universal it will not be a big deal, also because we are in a Condo we can feed ourselves if necessary.

If you can adapt your holiday to the situation at the time I would say go because it's a lovely time of year, but if you want a full on experience may be wise to wait, and wow what a chance to have 3 weeks for very little extra, how long do you have before you have to make the final decision?
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List