Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
Yeah the 417 looks the simplest, but has quite a few tolls to negotiate
You don't really need to "negotiate" tolls. The first one will look a bit like this.

This is actually on 417 as you leave MCO but the first from SFB will be similar.

If you want to pay cash just keep right and pay the attendant. If you want to enable Sunpass just stay straight on and don't stop

Mick
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Oh it's Dollar I'm with
You ought to read this then

sunpass/en/about/program.shtml

Mick
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You don't really need to "negotiate" tolls. The first one will look a bit like this.

This is actually on 417 as you leave MCO but the first from SFB will be similar.

If you want to pay cash just keep right and pay the attendant. If you want to enable Sunpass just stay straight on and don't stop

Mick
So are these all manned Mick, and do they give change?
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
So are these all manned Mick, and do they give change?
On the main carriageway they are manned. Pay with no more than a $20 bill and they'll give you change in quarters.

Most tolls on the on/off ramps though are unmanned so you'll need coins to throw into the basket. This is the one at j2 off the 417 at Celebration Avenue. $1 last November. The one at j3 to Osceola is similar.

Going out at around 12 for the afternoon but happy to continue conversation later
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Mobile

On the main carriageway they are manned. Pay with no more than a $20 bill and they'll give you change in quarters.

Most tolls on the on/off ramps though are unmanned so you'll need coins to throw into the basket. This is the one at j2 off the 417 at Celebration Avenue. $1 last November. The one at j3 to Osceola is similar.

Going out at around 12 for the afternoon but happy to continue conversation later
Thanks for this Mick it's taking some research, this will be the fist time I've driven in US
Only been going over there since the 80s
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thanks for this Mick it's taking some research, this will be the fist time I've driven in US
Only been going over there since the 80s
There's an excellent guide on the DIBB about driving in the USA - I say excellent because I've edited and added bits over the years

You can find it in the guidebook section

Sorry for stealth boasting but we've hired on all our 37 visits and I've maybe driven 50,000+ miles over there so I'm a regular contributor to the car forum. Never stayed in a WDW hotel nor visited a park since 2010 so I know absolutely nothing about DDP, fast passes or Uber.

Mick
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

There's an excellent guide on the DIBB about driving in the USA - I say excellent because I've edited and added bits over the years

You can find it in the guidebook section

Sorry for stealth boasting but we've hired on all our 37 visits and I've maybe driven 50,000+ miles over there so I'm a regular contributor to the car forum. Never stayed in a WDW hotel nor visited a park since 2010 so I know absolutely nothing about DDP, fast passes or Uber.

Mick
Thanks I'll have a look.

Considering that info I would say you're at Expert Level
Old 30 Jun 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thanks I'll have a look.

Considering that info I would say you're at Expert Level
We're both 74 and although we used to love the fantastic 47 square miles of WDW we just find it a bit challenging now and love to explore the other 65,700 square miles of the Sunshine State

Lost this April obviously but reasonably confident for Nov with BA

Mick
Old 30 Jun 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

We're both 74 and although we used to love the fantastic 47 square miles of WDW we just find it a bit challenging now and love to explore the other 65,700 square miles of the Sunshine State

Lost this April obviously but reasonably confident for Nov with BA

Mick
Wow that's amazing and big inspiration for me! I've got my 60th next year and because of the pandemic we've ended up with two trips for 2021

Fingers crossed the World sorts itself out
Old 30 Jun 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Wow that's amazing and big inspiration for me! I've got my 60th next year and because of the pandemic we've ended up with two trips for 2021

Fingers crossed the World sorts itself out
Indeed so.

Both beaten the big C as well. That's why you'll only see me posting positive stuff on the DIBB. Enough doom and gloom around.

Celebrated our Golden Wedding at Highgate Park in 2017 the year after Joan beat hers.

Mick

Edited at 04:14 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List