Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Dec 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Brilliant coverage by Big Jet TV, amazing access with the pilots and everything. Was really emotional! Many of us just have such happy memories on these planes!
LRMD is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Even though I think they had started to show their age, we flew on her many times and because of this have many amazing family memories.
Where have the years gone
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Just spotted on Sky News that this aircraft has gone to the U.S where it will be converted to be a troop carrier.

Good news.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
End of an era. I always wanted a model of a 747, might have to indulge myself to commerate a beautiful, iconic aircraft.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Holidaylover19 View Post
End of an era. I always wanted a model of a 747, might have to indulge myself to commerate a beautiful, iconic aircraft.
I make a lot of Model kits!

There are plenty of 1/144 kits of a B747. Revell do a good 747 400,
zvezda do some decals for Lady Penelope in that scale.

You have no excuse now! Just make sure that you order the right model of 747, a 747-4q8 (a 400)

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:11 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

I have just recently left a 10 year career in airport ground operations. Spent a lot of time working with virgins 747 fleet. Very sad to see them go. I was by no means an aviation enthusiast, but loved these planes.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Just spotted on Sky News that this aircraft has gone to the U.S where it will be converted to be a troop carrier.

Good news.
Atlas Air have three ex VA 747s, think one of them will be broken up for parts but I could be wrong
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Just managed to get enough time to sit and watch the Bigjettv footage of that last flight.

Having been a passenger on those quite a few times it was fascinating to see the prep for the flight in the cockpit and to actually see the walk around inspection and push back from outside.

Understand that times move on, but I will still miss being able to fly on another or see a 747 commercial flight flying over us on it's way into Heathrow.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Good news.
It has apparently flown to Pinal Airpark. An interesting Google Earth visit reveals 41x B747s and nearly as many DC10s. It is in the desert, close to Tucson on the I10.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List