Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Wasn't really aware of the most talked about event of my wedding until afterwards! My stunning minx of a bridesmaid sat on the knee of a friend of my fathers and fed him champagne! It was the talk of the Golf club for weeks.
Old 29 Dec 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

We got married in a church and the vicar (who was the spitting image of Mr Bean) got my name wrong and called me Fiona instead of Michelle! He did realise and corrected himself - when we signed the register he said the name of the bride marrying in the next ceremony was Fiona. During my Dad’s speech he made a bit of a joke at the end and said to DH “what we all want to know is whose this Fiona you’ve kept quiet about!” 😂
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Late DH & I decided 3 weeks before we left Australia to come back to the UK to get married. I sorted it all, got the licence, 2 friends as witnesses, married at 7.30pm at Bondi Beach, Chinese meal at hotel we stayed at, flew to UK next day. Wonderful day.
Now remarried , us two plus 9 guests, we married in Barbados in beautiful hotel grounds beside the beach, at 4.30pm most memorable moment was the amazing Steel Band that DH had hired to play the whole afternoon & most of the rest of the hotel guests joined in with the dancing, such a fab day.
Old 29 Dec 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Some bint cutting through the towns electric cables a few hours before our wedding. It was seriously looking like sandwiches for our wedding breakfast... I may if turned into a bridezilla... thankfully all back and working in time!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
I got married in Jamaica just myself and hubby went ,and got married on his birthday. The day was magical ,and so hot ! ...it was so humid that when we were having the photos ,we had to keep stopping off and picking surviettes up to mop my husband up as on the photos he was to shiny through sweating ! 🤣🤣🤣... still together 19years later x
The owner of the wedding chapel kept mopping our faces between shots in Florida too .
I was very glad I’d chosen a lighter wedding dress rather than a full scale heavy one , I’d have died of heat stroke !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We had a Church wedding, reception in a castle and a grand total of thirty six people in attendance. Our siblings had all had family weddings with 150+guests and we just wanted something a little more relaxed.

The best man decided to tell the tale of my husband's reactions and comments at a particular football match they attended on a lads weekend away. My husband is very passionate about football and not much of a drinker. The tale was hysterically funny and littered with the colourful language my husband had used while attending the match after a few too many drinks, much to the embarrassment of my pursed lipped mother in law who was sitting next to our priest.
Fr. Paddy said it was his favourite best man speech. My mother in law still complains about the speech.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We got married in a registery office, everyone was watching this giant rat that was walking around outside on the grass, apparently it was huge
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Having all the children I had taught so far sing in church.
The best mans speech. My husband is from a country where it is customary to ‘buy’ the bride (dowry), so my mother-in-law arranged for 2 of our friends to dress up as a cow and the cow was presented to my parents.
My going away outfit was unfortunately left hanging up by my parents back door. The morning after the wedding I woke up in the bridal suite and realised I had nothing to wear! I either got back in the wedding dress or wore something of my husbands. I decided to do the later. I felt ridiculous eating breakfast dressed like that!
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a DIY wedding and I didn't appreciate until afterwards how much hard work my mum and stepdad put in to the day. We had hired a ballroom in the local town, did our own catering and decor etc. We did it this way as we didn't feel a hotel or other venue would give us the day we wanted, which was basically just a big party (we didn't want a sit down meal or it being too formal).

The day before we were down there getting it all sorted when I had to go so I could get some things ready but they stayed. After the ceremony the next day when we walked in to the room it was full of gorgeous balloon decorations that they had done themselves as a surprise to us including a big balloon arch. I'll never forgot how I felt walking in to the room and seeing it all. It was amazing.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

First time in 1993 was my aunts hat blown off her head and chasing it down the road.
Second last June was everything about the day, so much more relaxed and was the day WE wanted not our in-laws. It poured down with rain all day but we still had the best day ever!

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List