Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Welcome back! I was sorry you felt you had to leave. I totally understand though as there is a lot about The Dibb that gets me down too, mainly the political aspect of it. I still look at the current issues forum as I learn a few things but I often end up getting upset or annoyed so the balance can be off kilter some days. There was the election, Brexit and now COVID. I’ll stay off political forums altogether now.

What is this ‘ignore’ that people are telling about?
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Good to have you back on The Dibb Linda

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

There is a little red circle with exclamation mark under your avatar (alongside your pink head etc.). Press on this on the person you want to remove post and you will be asked to confirm. If you press yes you stop seeing the posts of that person unless it’s been copied into someone else’s post).

Hope that makes sense!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
How's your glass looking for April now Mick?
Back in April when VA cancelled our April flight there was no way that we imagined that we'd also lose November. I've said elsewhere that I like too think that I'm an optimistic pragmatist but as time goes on we both fear that our April glass is becoming half full.

I feel good about the vax as at 74 we should be done by the end of February. Joan reckons she couldn't sit on a plane masked up for 9 hours (plus the bits before and after) and we're very concerned at how the numbers are still scary over there.

We would certainly not travel if the FCO advisory was still in place as our travel insurance would be invalid.

You know what sort of holiday we have and we could certainly enjoy spending it round the pool deck and, if we had to, feed ourselves at Publix. I imagine shopping and dining out experiences might be similar to what we have here.

On balance not the holiday we plan to have but almost acceptable. However to answer your question half full now.

Mick
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
There is a little red circle with exclamation mark under your avatar (alongside your pink head etc.). Press on this on the person you want to remove post and you will be asked to confirm. If you press yes you stop seeing the posts of that person unless it’s been copied into someone else’s post).

Hope that makes sense!
Thank you! There are some posts that I don’t read if I see they are certain people. This is a way of dealing with it.
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
Thank you! There are some posts that I don’t read if I see they are certain people. This is a way of dealing with it.
It's an extremely useful function especially if you want to keep your BP under control.

Sadly from a few posts I've scanned tonight if you started a thread about your preference between Quality Street and Roses there would be some who turn it into a political thread.

Mick

Edited at 10:03 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Agreed! If you have a different opinion you must be a) Stupid b) Wrong or c) In need of educating!
Old 30 Dec 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Thanks Lisa lol didn't I do well x
Remarkably 😂

But, I’m really glad you’re back.
Don’t do it again! 😉
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Back in April when VA cancelled our April flight there was no way that we imagined that we'd also lose November. I've said elsewhere that I like too think that I'm an optimistic pragmatist but as time goes on we both fear that our April glass is becoming half full.

I feel good about the vax as at 74 we should be done by the end of February. Joan reckons she couldn't sit on a plane masked up for 9 hours (plus the bits before and after) and we're very concerned at how the numbers are still scary over there.

We would certainly not travel if the FCO advisory was still in place as our travel insurance would be invalid.

You know what sort of holiday we have and we could certainly enjoy spending it round the pool deck and, if we had to, feed ourselves at Publix. I imagine shopping and dining out experiences might be similar to what we have here.

On balance not the holiday we plan to have but almost acceptable. However to answer your question half full now.

Mick
My April glass is draining daily Mick, I can see it being moved onto next Christmas, I'm really wanting our Spanish villa holiday with family in May, who knows eh?
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
I’m not a doctor so feel no need to post my COVID options or read Fred from Scunthorpe’s view on it .
However I will be eternally grateful to those on here who helped myself and three children have an amazing trips with less queues , more rides , better food and shared their knowledge
Yay to the Dibb and thank you all xxx
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread