Notices

Old 15 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Trippity Doo Dah - My Oh My What A Wonderful Day Oct/Nov 19 Leaving Bahama Bay Behind And Conclusion

This was the car we had which cost us the grand total of $53 to fill over the duration of our holiday .

We got up and had breakfast in the condo then checked out at 10am. We decided to pop to Walmart to get some drugs as I wasn't feeling too great for travelling . Stocked up we said goodbye to the 192 and headed off to the airport . We went a little earlier so we could eat there and we had pre check on tea so that helped a lot again.
We ate at Bahama breeze and the service was good and we waited 10 mind for a table.

So overall we totalled the grand total of $2696.70 in deluxe dining food excluding tips which came to $400.82.
We spent $45.65 additional out of pocket at woodys and galaxys edge cantina simply because we couldn't use dining credits here.

We also totalled chocolate worth $96.16 at ghiradellis with our leftover credits , we bought quite a bit at Goofeys but it doesnt show me the cost .

That was the haul for info from Goofeys

And ghiradelli haul .

We really think we got good value from the deluxe dining plan and would have had a least one more good meal if we hadn't had to cancel one due to the bus accident. We paid £580 to upgrade the plan but it was nice to know all food was covered and we could eat where we wanted. In our opinion It would be far too much food to sustain for 14 nights though. 5 was perfect . We also didn't choose anywhere on credit value or to maximise the plan. We choose on preference only , we couldn't see the point of choosing menu items just because they were the Dearest item on there. The tips were also ok with us as we would normally pay oop and the tips are just above the cost of 1 meal in some restaurants .

Would we do it again, probably if we got the free dining in the first instance though but it's becoming apparent that free dining dates are diminishing . With how busy the parks were our second week you can clearly see why it isn't being offered in October anymore . They simply don't need to offer it. I also think it gives an indication of how busy the parks are likely to be .

Aside from dining I was really disappointed with our Disney stay and expected more from the customer service being dire to the room being well below even value standard let alone deluxe. Disney have been in touch though to rectify this so I am grateful to them for the offer . I would have preferred a holiday that I didn't Need to complain about though.

The skyliner was fabulous and it's a great way to get round, they really should extend it if they can.

We loved our stay at Bahama Bay , we love the resort, it's location, and the condo that we rented from Lisa on the dibb. She couldn't have been more responsive or helpful. The condo is beautifully kept as is Bahama Bay itself . I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you stay there through Lisa.

So we are now home , worn out , sore throats and shivering but had a blast our second week . if you've followed along thank you for reading and I hope you've enjoyed it. 😘

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 15 Nov 19 9:43 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 20 Nov 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for posting your trip report, I have enjoyed reading it (although feel a little bad writing that given the events that occurred). You have certainly had a holiday that you will remember for a while! I hope that the offer from Disney was what you considered reasonable given the hassles and the accident.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
BahamaBayLisa
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 10
Thanks for sharing your triply report and for all the kind words about my condo. Sorry to didn't catch up in person during your stay, but it was nice talking to you.
We are also now home, back to the cold and rain, I'm think I got about heading back - want to come? !

** DIBB advert ** Personal website **
Discounted Rates for DIBBers - please just ask!
BahamaBayLisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for report, just caught up!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List